MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there,
After trying mybb I am totally hooked on it, it is far better imho than phpbb2 which I have had a lot of crashes with, thank you!

However I have just one problem and that is I cannot get my internal email to work at all, it reports that the email has been sent but it does not get delivered.

I'm sorry if I am posting in the wrong forum.

Thanks

Joe
are you running your fourm on a windows sever
Tazfan Wrote:are you running your fourm on a windows sever

By heck that was quick, no I don't think I am.
If they is a easy way of finding that out I would appreciate it.
I have only been started in forums for 3 weeks with phpbb2 and have had all kinds of problems with it, so I haven't really had the time to find out the details of what server I have etc.

The email works fine on phpbb2 but it just wont work on mybb???

I'm sorry I can't give you more information
OBTW if I click on "Contact Us" it calls up my own email program, I'm not sure if that is correct or not.

Thanks for the prompt reply

Joe
Quote: "Contact Us" it calls up my own email program, I'm not sure if that is correct or not.
yes that is right but you can change this if you want to so it gose to a mail fourm you have made

Quote:By heck that was quick, no I don't think I am.
If they is a easy way of finding that out I would appreciate it.
I have only been started in forums for 3 weeks with phpbb2 and have had all kinds of problems with it, so I haven't really had the time to find out the details of what server I have etc.

the best way to find out if you are on a windows sever is to ask you hosting copany

when you find this out posted back here
Dreamcatcher Wrote:OBTW if I click on "Contact Us" it calls up my own email program, I'm not sure if that is correct or not.
Thats correct, because it is a link to an email. mailto:[email protected]

Dreamcatcher Wrote:cannot get my internal email to work at all, it reports that the email has been sent but it does not get delivered.
Furthermore, your email issues is a problem with your host, not with MyBB. You should contact your host for help about it.
xiaozhu Wrote:
Dreamcatcher Wrote:OBTW if I click on "Contact Us" it calls up my own email program, I'm not sure if that is correct or not.
Thats correct, because it is a link to an email. mailto:[email protected]

Dreamcatcher Wrote:cannot get my internal email to work at all, it reports that the email has been sent but it does not get delivered.
Furthermore, your email issues is a problem with your host, not with MyBB. You should contact your host for help about it.

Thanks for that but it works ok on phpbb2 and my host provider is very elusive, it take about a month for them to reply, can't so nothing about it until next year when it comes up for renewal.

Thanks a lot I'll have to continue to use phpbb2 until I sort it out.

Joe
Hi there,

I getting really annoyed with this now, my email works great on phpbb2, but no way at all will it work on mybb, I have tried using my own email address instead of my domain catch all one, but still no luck, I would prefer to use mybb than phpbb2 but without email it is useless to me.

Is there anyone who can shed any light on this problem?

I need to fix it or un-install it before 3pm (GMT) as I have members on standby who want to join it but of course without email they are staying with phpbb2.

Thanks

Joe
Whats wrong with it? Can you explain more about the "email part thing" about MyBB and phpBB?
Hi there,

The problem is when I send a email to whoever (even myself) it reports that the email has been sent, but no one receives them at all, I have both a phpbb2 forum and MyBB and the email works fine on my phpBB2 forum but not on MyBB, I have changed my email in the admin to every other email address that I have but still any emails sent from a member or myself is not received at all, the pm side of it works fine, but not the email.
I hope this make it a bit clearer for you.
As I would prefer to ditch phpBB2 and keep MyBB but as I've said without email I can't.
Thanks
Joe
can you tell me the emails you have on your phpBB2 fourm and the one on your mybb fourm plz copy and pasted if form the acp on each sofware you can me this if you want so others can not see it if you wish

Tazfan
Pages: 1 2