MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: member cannot sign in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a member saying he cannot sign in. Keeps telling him incorrect pw. So I ask him to reset it and says he has several times with same result. So I toild him to stop and I will change it in ACP which did, was able to sign in myself from a private tab so cookies etc. were all cleared. So I sent new pw to him he says same result. Any ideas?
Get him to clear cookies. He could of been blocked due to failed login attempts. Maybe try and set him up with a test account and see if he can log in to a different account... if he can login with a different account, just merge the two together.
If the issue is occurring only at his end then he is not entering the password correctly.

Could you please provide your website's URL and any testing account?

Thank You.
Yaldaram I will set up an account for you and tick you as an admin. Will PM you your temp pw and his account name etc. Thank you very much for your help!

I created your admin account and PM you details thank you.
Thank You very much for the logins.

I've successfully logged in through Yaldaram's account.

Then I changed the password of "msb64" account and tries to login through that username and Yes, it went smooth again. Nothing issue what so ever Smile

As I already mentioned that "msb64" is not entering the password letters correctly.
(2012-05-25, 05:20 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Thank You very much for the logins.

I've successfully logged in through Yaldaram's account.

Then I changed the password of "msb64" account and tries to login through that username and Yes, it went smooth again. Nothing issue what so ever Smile

As I already mentioned that "msb64" is not entering the password letters correctly.

He says he cannot sign in still. I tried to create a new user and get this error message:

[attachment=26382]

So I deactivated that plugin and tried to create a new user again and received this message:

[attachment=26383]

So it seems there is some kind of conflict with plugins. Something is really messed up but it's beyond my ability to troubleshoot.
These language files are missing from ./inc/languages/english/ folder.
(2012-05-25, 08:02 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]These language files are missing from ./inc/languages/english/ folder.

What language files? Nothing has been tampered with lately that I know of how can they be missing all the sudden?
Well that's weird, they're both admin language files but it's not looking in the admin language folder for them, which probably means they're not in there, but the Plugin Uploader at least shouldn't even be running on that page... anyway, the files listed should be in ./inc/languages/english/admin, are they in there?
I'm not exactly sure Matt this is a little beyond me. If you'd like to look yourself I'd be happy to have you look for me. Smile

Okay I did figure out where to look and yes both of those files are in there.

My member still cannot sign in.
Pages: 1 2