MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User CP Messenger
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
BLOATED. Is all I can say, in one word.

Who needs "Archive Messages", "Trash Can", "Drafts"... Who, I ask you, who?

Pointless. Here's why:

Archive Messages is just stupid. Who wants to download a PM? I'll just select the text, and save it on my own .txt file. Come on, Chris, this is just to easy = bloated == too many features

And so on. For Trash Can, just delete them. Undecided. Drafts, just don't delete them! Not that hard, eh?
I disagree with this, its fine as it is.
Michael_C Wrote:I disagree with this, its fine as it is.

Smile
Quote:Archive Messages is just stupid. Who wants to download a PM? I'll just select the text, and save it on my own .txt file. Come on, Chris, this is just to easy = bloated == too many features
I actually use it to download all of mine in a HTML file at the end of every month.

Quote:Drafts, just don't delete them! Not that hard, eh?
I assume you got mixed up there. Drafts are incomplete messages and I know a few people around here who actually use them sometimes.
If you don't want them to show in the UserCP then edit the UserCP Menu Template in ACPl! I'm not shore whisch tenmplate iot is but the template(s) are located in the ACP of myBB and click on templates and its the catergory right down the bottom of page!
OK, the things you mentioned are ok, but something I do find useless is the personal pad. Why would anyone want to have that?
I use it. Toungue
Chris Boulton Wrote:
Quote:Archive Messages is just stupid. Who wants to download a PM? I'll just select the text, and save it on my own .txt file. Come on, Chris, this is just to easy = bloated == too many features
I actually use it to download all of mine in a HTML file at the end of every month.

Ummm... why?

Raymond Wrote:I use it. Toungue
Ummm... why?
Shut up...

Anwyays, I use it to save things I always say on the forum.

Things I don't want to ype all over again. I find it useful.
Pages: 1 2