MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Spam - kind of! :S
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I keep getting the same member registering with a proxy, his ip always changes on accounts and his email address is [email protected]

I don't want to disable registrations and it's a real person.

Please help!

Thanks

~ David
Mhmm.. you could try:

http://mods.mybb.com/view/required-approvals

Which will force you to approve the first number of post from people.
Problem is they still can access the shoutbox - he's creating a new account every time I ban him.

Thanks Smile

~ David
Is he using the same email on each registration ? If yes then;

AdminCP > Configurations > User Registration and Profile Options > Allow emails to be registered multiple times? > No.
Unfortunately he's using made up emails - such as [email protected] and [email protected]

Although I could set it to they must activate there email, the account will still register and again he will be able to access the shoutbox.

Thanks Smile

~ David
Disable the registrations for 2 to 3 hours. Let him to go elsewhere.
Hmm what about somehow alternating the code of the shoutbox.
That its only visible if you have over 2 post? Meaning you would have to approve the post of everybody for the first 2 using that plugin. And then to see the shoutbox they need to have over 2 post (this ofcourse only works if mybb doesnt count the post as long as they are not approved).
Only problem is he'll be back - he's trolled me before, he's that sort of person that will keep trying to register.

Edit: Cheers Anori, i'd prefer it if he was just blocked to register altogether really

Thanks Shy

~ David
The problem is its a real person. And since there are millions (maybe not but still) of proxy's stopping somebody like him isnt that easy.

Maybe try:

http://perishablepress.com/how-to-block-...-htaccess/

That guide, not sure if it works but has been updated recently.
Unfortunatly I could still get on via a proxy Confused

I like the idea though thanks Smile

Anyone else have a solution? Wink

Cheers again

~ David
Pages: 1 2