MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pay by group promotions, like xenforo, vb or ipb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello MyBB users!, in the midst of a deep sleep occurred to me a little idea that perhaps could be included in a future release, so I stood restless and without hesitation to jump to the pc to post my idea.

The idea is add to the promotions system, the option to include a paypal (or other) account, and set a group promotion only if the user pay´s to change from a group to other (Premium features for the new group).

This function is already exist by using plugins, but if others forums system include this feature by a default feature, why MyBB not?

Its only a little suggestion, thanks for read.
I've actually been seeing open source forums include this feature too. SMF is a perfect example of this. SMF has a built in feature that allows people to donate for a group promotion.
Honestly, I prefer the plugins for this. Then if you don't need the functionality, you don't have to worry about it.
Quote:This function is already exist by using plugins, but if others forums system include this feature by a default feature, why MyBB not?

This is such horrible reasoning.
It's probably something we could look in to for 2.0. Don't count on it for 1.8.
Considering that it's actually fairly simple code I support adding this to base.
The only thing that I could say against this is it could lead to people requesting every other payment gateway.
Really very few of them that matter though.

Paypal, C2O, Payza, and maybe LR. That's it.
Keep it to a plugin and you won't get people requesting gateways, or if you do include a hook so that it's easy to write a plugin to add a gateway. Wink
(2012-06-06, 01:14 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Really very few of them that matter though.

Paypal, C2O, Payza, and maybe LR. That's it.

Google Checkout & Paypal are the only big ones I'd ever use.
Pages: 1 2