MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: iso ...-1 to utf-8?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've got a lot of problems..

I made a new translation that uses normalized html caracters (as é for é; è for è, etc..)
Now, I set my theme to iso-8859-1.
But now the posts accents look like é, è, ù ; ...
Do you know how can I change that ?

Thanks,
Aweb
any help please?just want how to convert databse
Is there anyway easier way to convert a database to UTF-8?
mods and admins help please
Hi,

I don't know if this will work or not but here is a script off the internet (http://versions.tacker.org/svn/wp-conver...coding.php) designed to work with WordPress. I've modified so it'll connect to your MyBB database and attempt to convert all MyBB tables and their content to UTF-8.

Back up your database first. I provide no responsibility for any data loss that may occur

Our recommended solution is to switch back to ISO-8859-1 because if problems with UTF-8 persist, that is what we will be doing with MyBB.

Remember, I an provide no support for this script. It was not written by me.
i can't switch back to ISO-8859-1 because i can't add forum name and desriptions in admin cpanel.all the fonts text....become...so crazy.can't type my language
i will try the script.hope it works,
how to use this code?
can you provide your own code,christ?
thanks a lot
.. What is wrong with the one that I attached?

Like I said, if you switch back to whatever character encoding you were previously using everything should work fine.
as i told you,if i switch back,i can't add more forum titles and decriptions,all the fonts go wrong
asmilewyt Wrote:how to use this code?
Upload the file into your forum's directory and open it in your browser.
Pages: 1 2 3