MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New smilies set?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2012-06-08, 12:08 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]It would be cool if the smilies were a sprite image rather than all separate. Less HTTP requests that way.

That is too much for a update like what 1.8 is intended to be :p
(2012-06-08, 12:08 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]It would be cool if the smilies were a sprite image rather than all separate. Less HTTP requests that way.

That won't happen in the 1.x series. It'll exclude the possibility to have different sized smilies too so I'm not sure that would be such a good idea.
Well, to a certain extent the current smilies display thing sort of stops having smilies of different sizes as it looks quite horrible if you do add those.

But I agree - it would be a lot of work, maybe something for 2.0. I don't know if any other forum softwares have sprited smilies, and if so, how they handle that.
(2012-06-08, 12:06 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]What license is it under? The team could just attach a new set that uses the same license as MyBB or something like that.

Considering this is a 1.6/1.8 I suppose they don't want that much effort (since they want this to be a light update).

This set has been online for a while now, they are non-commercial and no derivative works.
FMB charged $1 per smily. I'm sure between us we could come up with $23 to replace the 23 smilies? Toungue In fact if nobody else was bothered I'd just pay for my own set. :L
/puts virtual $10 in Clarkie's hands
Or a new set for the good of the software?
I personally think smilies were going to be added anyway without this thread as it would look ugly with the current smilies on a new awesome theme Toungue
(2012-06-10, 12:25 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Or a new set for the good of the software?

She doesn't believe that the MyBB team would accept her work. [Image: ixH6wJjzlq1Hw.png] [Image: i1LwT6pLooj3v.png] [Image: iUIXb6mxv8Wjn.png]

Would the MyBB team consider new smilies? Toungue
I like the mybb smilies, I think they are sweet. If the gif edges were cleaned up and/or replaced with good png images I would say stay with what there is re style.
Pages: 1 2 3