MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Portal query
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all!

I'm just asking an easy question here. How do I get the portal to show on my forum! As I see in the templates area there a template category for the portal! Where and how do I use the portal for myBB RC4? Big Grin

Thanx all!
The portal page is available by going to your forums and appending /portal.php to the address. The portal for these community forums is http://community.mybboard.com/portal.php for example Smile
Thanks Tochjo!
yea like a thread preview limited to certain amount of characters - that would be nice
Hey, if i open the portal.php, it show me the following:

Code:
Chat Room Mod in Developm...
Last Post by: Dale
Today 10:28 PM
� 26
� Views: 647

So, it isn't explained what the 26 is for. (Should be the amount of awnsers). How can I ad this???
Wolfden thats was what I was meant to say but I couldn't think off it whehn I type my query up!

Maybe Chris may help when he online!
The 26 is the amount of replies. I'm guessing it is a bug.

What do you need help doing? Showing a thread preview?

At the moment the only way of doing it and ensuring it is the first post is adding another query in the while() loop.

$query2 = $db->query("SELECT * FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."posts WHERE tid='$thread[tid]' ORDER BY dateline ASC LIMIT 1");
$post = $db->fetch_query($query2);
Is that on the portal.php page than I assume Chris?
Thats where you will need to add the code, yes.
Pages: 1 2