MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Global setting to disable post icons and thread status icons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It would be nice to have global settings to disable and completely remove post icons (on forums and private messages) and thread status icons on all forums... so we don't have do to things like this:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-90769.html

http://community.mybb.com/thread-90951.html

And I mean not just not displaying them, but also not displaying any empty spaces where the icons would go. For example, currently, if you disable post icons on a particular forum (in the forum settings), the column where the icons would go, is still visible.

Thank you.
+1 .
I like them in PM actually. I agree they're largely useless.
+1 a simply on off switch for these few would be really nice.
+1 to this. In fact I think they could even be a plugin! Perhaps that's pushing it too far. Wink
in agree with the poster on this.
What you're asking for is a fundamental shift in how MyBB themes work. I wouldn't expect this until 2.0. It's not that hard to do it yourself.
Since 1.8 will have a new theme and existing ones will probably need a update anyways, I don't see how we should be waiting up to 2.0 for something like this.

Post icons are not that much of any use, and they don't even work as suppose to either. They should be hidden when not being used.
Because it would be nice if 1.8 eventually was released? At some point you have to say enough is enough, let the admins handle their own sites. It is not that hard to remove these things from your site. I did it without even knowing these guides existed.

On the list of priorities for 1.8 before it can be released, this doesn't even blip on my radar.
an on-off switch would make theming a PITA. having columns optional in the code/templates sucks. you are always tracking the number of columns to adjust colspan values in the headers, and extra template for the optional columns, etc. its very similar to how the inline moderation column works and that can be annoying at times.
Pages: 1 2