MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to display threads in Alphabetical order?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there a plugin that will allow any user to sort threads in a forum by alphabet or is this kind of feature already available in MyBB by adding a code snippet to one of my templates?

In a few of my forums I'll be making hundreds of threads, one for each video game title every made per system, but that is a HUGE mess to browse through... any suggestions? thank you
thanks for link, after reading it... the idea of making a page with all the threads listed helps but what I'm really looking for is that thread sorting option I see on a lot of vBulletin boards. You can sort a forums threads by alphabet, most recent post, original thread post date, etc.
i think we need a mods for this......?? atleast we need this sorting function in search results.
I agree, I mean yea I could make a sticky thread with a link to a page that has html so selection of thread titles can be sorted alphabetically but that's a lot of work and an addition 2 steps for a user then to simply select a sort by alphabetical ascending/descending etc etc.
Sort by: Subject

This is already in MyBB
(2012-06-16, 08:15 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Sort by: Subject

This is already in MyBB

OMG I'm retarded!!! You're right!
[attachment=26550]

thank you. ... lol .. omg..

Edit:
wrapped attachment link with image tag so people don't have to click the attachment to see it clearly:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=26550]
saves a step for you Big Grin
Ok.. I'm lost on this thread.
Why would someone want the threads in alphabetical order? I'm seriously just curious, because sometimes I don't think of something that might make something simpler, is there a reason why you'd want to have threads ABC?
And the last thing I see in this thread is that the feature is already there, however, there is no solution posted.
In the meantime, I'm new to MyBB, and I'm trying to get my forums in alphabetical order automatically, without having to go through the constant manual forum ordering numbering game.

Any help with this is much appreciated!
Can someone tell me if there is a way to do this and where I would find the setting to change?
I wanted them ABC ordered because each thread subject in one of my forums is for every game title ever made for NES console for sprite development. You know all those cool animated gifs you see of old video game characters? they're made with sprites from the games.. but most sites don't have all the sprites from every game from a single console.. so that's what I was working on.
People could have many other reasons for threads displaying as ABC besides my reason.. so to each his own. Although, it would be very nice if the display option default was customizable per forum.. that way I wouldn't need to make a sticky thread explaining how to re-order the threads in ABC order.

I hope I made sense.
Makes sense now Gunner... honestly, was just asking because I couldn't think of a reason.
Still hoping to hear from someone who knows the best way to do alphabetic forum ordering without constantly having to manually do this.

Thanks for the reply Gunner!
Pages: 1 2