MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can I Backup My Site From PHPMyAdmin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can anyone tell me please if i can backup my forum database from PHPMyAdmin? I have never ever done this before and just scared things will go wrong.
Export your database.
Thanks Frank.Barry
I think i have done it and uploaded it but the site is still not working and i am getting an error message http://www.wirraltalk.co.uk.temporary-domain.com/
Looks like that's because your mysql server is down.
(2012-06-17, 08:18 PM)vernier Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like that's because your mysql server is down.

So would that be my problem? I have changed from having an error message with one host then i have changed to another and i now have a different error message. I just don't know which way to turn because MYBB staff don't seem to know and my host is saying its down to MYBB.

Im totally lost Sad
Either that or you have a firewall blocking that port. That error is down to the connection to your mysql server.
(2012-06-17, 08:28 PM)vernier Wrote: [ -> ]Either that or you have a firewall blocking that port. That error is down to the connection to your mysql server.

What could i do to correct this please?
Check your database settings are correct

./inc/config.php
$config['database']['type'] = 'mysql';
$config['database']['database'] = ' ';
$config['database']['table_prefix'] = 'mybb_';

$config['database']['hostname'] = ' ';
$config['database']['username'] = ' ';
$config['database']['password'] = ' ';

If they are, you need to contact your host.
Just checked and it all correct apart from this:

$config['database']['type'] = 'mysqli';
Try: $config['database']['type'] = 'mysql';
Pages: 1 2