MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A little forum bot for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Because some user have asked for a bot for MyBB I decided to develop one^^

First of all: I haven't started with programming the bot. I'm just planning what to do^^

My bot will ask you while installing which user is going to be the bot or if he should create a new one.

You can create new rules for the bot in a new acp module.
The bot can react on the following conditions:
  • A specific user, a user which is member of a specific group or a user have posted
  • in a specific forum
  • with using a specific string

• A new User registered

Actions the bot can perform:
  • write an answer
  • write a PM (to: specific user, last user who posted or starter of the thread)
  • move post or thread
  • delete post or thread
  • stick thread

And now you are asked: what other things you like to see in the bot?^^
Like the title of yaldarams thread says: his bot can just answer with one text on every post.
My bot can many more things as you can read above Wink
The only reason I'd use a bot is to make it so announcements appear as though they come from official accounts without me having to log into another account. Is this possible at present?
(2012-07-01, 06:58 PM)Jones Wrote: [ -> ]Because some user have asked for a bot for MyBB I decided to develop one^^

First of all: I haven't started with programming the bot. I'm just planning what to do^^

My bot will ask you while installing which user is going to be the bot or if he should create a new one.

You can create new rules for the bot in a new acp module.
The bot can react on the following conditions:
  • A specific user, a user which is member of a specific group or a user have posted
  • in a specific forum
  • with using a specific string

Actions the bot can perform:
  • write an answer
  • write a PM (to: specific user, last user who posted or starter of the thread)
  • move post or thread
  • delete post or thread
  • stick thread

And now you are asked: what other things you like to see in the bot?^^

1:
links in messages will be checked automatically and you can see if there valid

If a member open a topic, the MOD will search all filehost links in the messages page's.

Links founds are checked and recorded in a log to expedite revisions in the future (eg, the next time a member returns to this topic).

You can set the time for expired this log, according to the last check links to the message. eg, each 2 days (can be 0, recommend min 1). Even will avoid load, if isn't necessary.

Messages without links fileshost's, will be marked and will not be rechecked again.

If links dead are found, will be send a PM to post author (and the Moderator Local).

Currently support the next filehost: rapidshare.com,Bayfiles, filefactory,and more.

You can enable and disable the filehost to check in:
Admin > Posts and Topics > Posts Settings

Also you can enable/disable this MOD and more settings

2:
name of the bot whatever you want it

3:
Greetings from bot when new user registered
(2012-07-03, 01:50 AM)Jack Clarke Wrote: [ -> ]The only reason I'd use a bot is to make it so announcements appear as though they come from official accounts without me having to log into another account. Is this possible at present?
That sounds nice I think I will implement this Wink

(2012-07-04, 07:49 AM)lexy Wrote: [ -> ]1:
links in messages will be checked automatically and you can see if there valid

If a member open a topic, the MOD will search all filehost links in the messages page's.

Links founds are checked and recorded in a log to expedite revisions in the future (eg, the next time a member returns to this topic).

You can set the time for expired this log, according to the last check links to the message. eg, each 2 days (can be 0, recommend min 1). Even will avoid load, if isn't necessary.

Messages without links fileshost's, will be marked and will not be rechecked again.

If links dead are found, will be send a PM to post author (and the Moderator Local).

Currently support the next filehost: rapidshare.com,Bayfiles, filefactory,and more.

You can enable and disable the filehost to check in:
Admin > Posts and Topics > Posts Settings

Also you can enable/disable this MOD and more settings
That is a bigger function which I won't implement in the first version but probably in the second Big Grin

(2012-07-04, 07:49 AM)lexy Wrote: [ -> ]3:
Greetings from bot when new user registered
Will be implemented Toungue

You can follow the development process on Github: https://github.com/JN-Jones/MyBot
But you can't use it at the moment Wink
(2012-07-04, 02:43 PM)Jones Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-03, 01:50 AM)Jack Clarke Wrote: [ -> ]The only reason I'd use a bot is to make it so announcements appear as though they come from official accounts without me having to log into another account. Is this possible at present?
That sounds nice I think I will implement this Wink

Thanks! Big Grin
A short status update: The ACP module is now finished. You can add/edit/delete "rules", post as bot and reload the cache. The greetings on registration can be used in the normal settings and is working already. I just have to develop the "rules" Wink I think a first beta will be available next week.
It's a plugin which is called every time a user posts something.
This sounds fantastic - I can't wait to see how it works.

Is it possible to set it up so the bot can make "intelligent" replies on its own? I know there are sites like this and wonder if something similar could be incorporated into a plugin: http://nicole.jetaylor.net/
Pages: 1 2