MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do you manual add a referral?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've looked everywhere in the ACP, but cannot find a way to add a referral after the signup process. I have members who forget to fill this in, and some are not receiving their referral. I thought I saw this somewhere.

Thanks
It needs a plugin. There is no plugin for this though.
(2012-07-05, 04:33 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]It needs a plugin. There is no plugin for this though.

So there is no way to go in and type the users name into a field? This seems like an oversight in the admin panel. I can only assume the function is similar to how you adjust someone's post count. Shouldn't there be a box that allows an admin to add a missed referral?

Anyhow, with no plugin, and no options, does this mean that my members are out of luck if it's not typed in during registration?

Thanks
(2012-07-05, 05:03 PM)Zero One Wrote: [ -> ]Anyhow, with no plugin, and no options, does this mean that my members are out of luck if it's not typed in during registration?

Its not available by default.
This option there is when a member do the registration but you can't set this as required
Do you think this will be a future update? Have you heard anything from the developers? I'm just surprised that the ability to edit referrals is not there when it's an option when you sign-up. One would think that any option that is visible on sign-up, or a users profile, would be editable in the ACP.
I don't see it as an oversight. Referrals should be done using referral links, which automatically fills in the referrer. If someone doesn't refer using the referral link, their loss. Assigning referrers after the fact sounds a bit absurd.
Why would you want users to have the ability to keep changing their referral link? That would just be pointless and annoying. I could see perhaps the opportunity to add it if a user missed it during registration, but only once and it would have to expire fairly soon.
This is but you must have a SQL database.
(2012-07-05, 08:15 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see it as an oversight. Referrals should be done using referral links, which automatically fills in the referrer. If someone doesn't refer using the referral link, their loss. Assigning referrers after the fact sounds a bit absurd.

Actually, it's not absurd at all. With a new forum, members are not familiar with how a referral works. We cannot fault them for not knowing what to do. I think this would be a great option to have when people forget, or don't know.
Pages: 1 2