MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No Remote MYSQL Access
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm trying to convert my old PHPBB forum into my new webhost which I'm now using MyBB for, the issue I'm getting stuck at is its saying it can't access my database, I'm guessing it's because my previous host doesn't accept remote MySQL. Is there anyway to get around this, or do it manually?
dump the phpbb database, copy it to the new server and import it there.
(2012-07-06, 05:53 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]dump the phpbb database, copy it to the new server and import it there.

What do you mean dump the phpbb database? I should have noted, I am pretty new to all of this, I need a little more detail.
Dump means login to phpmyadmin and then click export and then download your db to your hard drive.
(2012-07-06, 06:21 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Dump means login to phpmyadmin and then click export and then download your db to your hard drive.

Alright, so I export the DB, then upload it into my /forums file?
No. Sad

The db you will export would be in sql format and so you will need to upload it again from your new webhost into a pre-created new database through phpmyadmin.
(2012-07-06, 06:25 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]No. Sad

The db you will export would be in sql format and so you will need to upload it again from your new webhost into a pre-created new database through phpmyadmin.

When I installed MyBB it had me make a DB, that db is [username]_MyBB should I upload the file I download into that DB? The raw SQL file, or do I do something else to it to get it to the proper state?

(2012-07-06, 06:29 AM)PhoenixCraftGaming Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-06, 06:25 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]No. Sad

When I installed MyBB it had me make a DB, that db is [username]_MyBB should I upload the file I download into that DB? The raw SQL file, or do I do something else to it to get it to the proper state?

Nevermind, I figured it out. But I'm getting this error, and I can't get most of my stuff back, I can only run like 4 operations.

Error:
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'group_single_user' in 'where clause'
Query:
SELECT COUNT(*) as count FROM phpbb_groups WHERE group_id > 2 AND group_single_user != '1'
You need to create a new DB in your control panel and import the phpbb data into that.

Then recreate the MyBB database from your control panel since it needs to be clean

Reinstall MyBB so it's database is correct.

Run the merge system.
(2012-07-06, 02:07 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]You need to create a new DB in your control panel and import the phpbb data into that.

Then recreate the MyBB database from your control panel since it needs to be clean

Reinstall MyBB so it's database is correct.

Run the merge system.

I'm not sure I understand, this is a brand new fresh install of MyBB, I made a new DB for the PHPBB files and I get the error I stated above.
Create a DB for the phpbb dump. Import the SQL into that.

Then create a database for MyBB. Run the merge using the respective details.

Once complete, you can delete the phpBB database on your site.
Pages: 1 2