MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: just installed forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
www.merseychat.co.uk

Why has it turned out like it has?

There is 2 folders Documents and uploads, i have uploaded contents of upload folder, what do i do with documents folder.
CHMOD ./cache/ and ./cache/themes to 777.

As for the Documentation folder, you can delete it.
Sorry but that means nowt to me
Well you must have CHMOD some of the files at some point (unless your server runs Windows). So you should know what this means. If you're using FileZilla, browse to the root of your forum, right click on the ./cache/ folder, select File permissions and set it to 777. You should also select "Recurse into subdirectories".
See pic, i should right click on cache, when i do, nothing comes up that your saying should come up
I did say "If you're using FileZilla"...

With Windows Explorer it works differently. I'm not running Windows myself right now, so I picked up these instructions on Google.

Quote:- Right click on it, and select Properties.
- Select the Security tab.
- Click the Add button.
- Use the dialogue to grant Full Control to "Everyone".
Your just best off putting the files into a .ZIP and then upload it through your cpanel, I do that, and I don't need to change any files permissions.
The only box that comes up is this see pic, only the one tab, no others to click on
It was probably for a different version of Windows.

The "Permissions" section at the bottom is what you need to look at. Hit OK on this one and do the same for ./cache/themes/.
I have been trying for hours and hours, I can not do it, is there someone that could do it for me please.
Pages: 1 2