MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading from 1.6.6 to 1.6.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, I am planning to do an upgrade from 1.6.6 to 1.6.8, so I was wondering if there are any database changes that might cause loss in the database when I upgrade?

I have made a backup of my files, but not the database, as it is quite large.

Disabled all the plugins and took backup of the template as well.

Shall I proceed to make the upgrade? It will run with no errors/database loss?

Thank you.
You should defintely make a backup of the database either way.
And why is that? I am not going to get hacked or anything, so I don't see any point in doing that. I usually take monthly databases, which I've taken a week ago.
(2012-07-09, 01:23 PM)Ristov_SR Wrote: [ -> ]And why is that? I am not going to get hacked or anything, so I don't see any point in doing that. I usually take monthly databases, which I've taken a week ago.

Just in case something DOES go wrong, it's always nice to have a backup. It shouldn't be too much of an inconvenience and is worth it.

Better safe than sorry.
Lol how are you running a website when you dont understand what a backup is for Sad.

Ok lets put this another way lets say something goes wrong and then next thing we know you start complaining to the community about your forum being screwed. They reply saying restore a backup!. now what do you do as you dont have one?

But if you have a monthly backup and nothing much has happened since then, then you should be fine!. but its common knowledge to backup databases, files etc when upgrading the core software
I strongly recommend you to make a backup of your database, and disable all your plugins.
Once you've upgraded, then enable your plugins and your forum should work like a charm.
I do know what backup database is for, but taking a backup takes hours, so... I want to do the upgrade without doing backup if possible. Done that before, all went fine!
(2012-07-09, 01:38 PM)Ristov_SR Wrote: [ -> ]I do know what backup database is for, but taking a backup takes hours, so... I want to do the upgrade without doing backup if possible. Done that before, all went fine!

there is a saying to do with backups. 'you dont miss a backup until you need it.' so be patient and wait ITS BEST TO GET A BACKUP! but clearly you dont want to so do what you feel is best!
Yea, it is alright, so anyone knows the answer of my question? Are there any changes in the database from 1.6.6 to 1.6.8?
Pages: 1 2