MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Being able to see who rated a thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
... Sometimes it's hard to find a reason of why someone rated a thread with one star, for example. Yes, everyone has their own taste and personal opinion, but I believe that most of the people who are rating a thread with one star in the Showcase section are only doing it because they are hidden behind a mask and they are hating the guy who made the forum, not the forum itself. I already rated some threads with one star, I don't mind if people are able to see that I did that, it's my honest opinion about their forum.

I don't know if this was suggested before, I didn't find anything. Sorry if this is a reposted suggestion.
What will you do if you came to know the one rater guy ? Whack it with a stick?? Toungue
Throw him off a bridge. Toungue Now seriously, as I said, I believe that if we were able to see who rated a thread, nonsense ratings would be avoided.
I think ratings are silly. IIRC they are getting changed in one of the major releases.
I doubt there will be such feature addition when they will be removed in 2.0 and suggestions to remove it completely (at least at this community) has been summited before.

IMO the team should just get rid of that feature here.
Star ratings are removed in 2.0 and replaced with something more useful.
Well, that would work too. Good to know. Smile
In 1.8 people won't be able to rate their own threads which solves one issue but if we were to add the ability to view thread ratings here it would have to be a core feature in the software, and I don't see that happening considering we're removing them in 2.0.
Does anyone actually care about the rating system any more? They're nearly as pointless as thread icons.
(2012-07-10, 03:12 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone actually care about the rating system any more? They're nearly as pointless as thread icons.

Not much, which is why they're removed in 2.0.
Pages: 1 2