MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [RC4] HTML Comments in Forum Descriptons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you were to enter the following in a forum description;

Quote:<!-- testing, testing -->

You'll see that the forum description doesn't display.

Wink
yeah, thats because that code comments it out Toungue I guess you could prevent it from doing to by turning < and > into & #060; and & #062; (minus the space after &)
Of course it comments it out. I ant this to be fixed, so when this is entered, nothing happens - it still displays.
Raymond what do you want the comments to be fixed for? Why do want to show < !-- testing,testing -- > for? (minus the spaces). I don't understand why!
I dont see the need to fix it, perhaps someone wants comments, like a mystery saying or something. y dont you just type:

& #060;!-- testing,testing --& #062; (minus the spaces after $ )

like so:

<!-- testing,testing -->
wildteen88 Wrote:Raymond what do you want the comments to be fixed for? Why do want to show < !-- testing,testing -- > for? (minus the spaces). I don't understand why!
If you don't understand, then please, don't reply.
So what you want is for me to do a htmlspecialchars on the forum description? If that's what you want then you will no longer be able to have bold and coloured text in forum descriptions.

If you ask me, if you want to show that then use the &lt;-- Blah --&gt; version. Forum descriptions allow for HTML.`