MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Your favourite text editor for PHP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Windows: Notepad++
Linux: GEdit
I have only used Notpad++. Although I might give Sublime Text a try.
Notepad++ for coding and Windows Notepad for quick copy and paste and notes.
(2012-07-14, 04:39 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-14, 01:36 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Notepadd++ for each one of my projects. Thinking about sublime but it requires license.

You can use it for free for an un-specified amount of time Wink. Just have to deal with a message like once an hour on save.

First, On topic, Sublime Text 2 for the win

Now to answer this - There's a threshold on how many times you need to save before it'll prompt you.
Sublime Text 2. I only use Notepad++ if I'm forced to now (and that's only once in a blue moon) - or if I need to quickly edit something, as Notepad++ is still in my taskbar and Sublime isn't.
I use Netbeans on all computers. I used to use Eclipse + Aptana Studio plugin. Netbeans starts up very quickly, has great syntax highlighting, IMO, and excellent error notes on the side. I've never seen reason to buy something like Sublime, honestly.

Just like with MyBB, free never tasted so good.
I'm starting to use Sublime Text 2 now and I love it Big Grin
What is the killer feature of Sublime that should justify $60 to any person?
(2013-01-08, 03:55 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]What is the killer feature of Sublime that should justify $60 to any person?

The unlimited free trial is one of them.
(2013-01-08, 03:55 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]What is the killer feature of Sublime that should justify $60 to any person?

Because I use it enough that I got tired of closing the message on the unlimited free trial Toungue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9