MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mail Not Sent!! Please Help Me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello friends, i installed Mybb in my domain name and all are working fine and this is also a great forum as i ever seen, i also tried phpbb but not best.. i don't like their functions.
Problem is My Forum is not sending any mail to user... e.g activation, notification, forgot password and veryfying account...
i also check other members thread but not my problem not solved after that i visit MyBB help center and found a script to check my PHP can send mail or not...
After uploading this The Messege is:
"PHP could not send the mail"
System Mail Log Says:
"MyBB was unable to send the email using the PHP mail() function."
Please Someone Fix this problem
Thanks in Advanced.
As stated in the documentation, please ask your webhost if there are any special restrictions they have on sending mail via PHP.
(2012-07-14, 12:39 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]As stated in the documentation, please ask your webhost if there are any special restrictions they have on sending mail via PHP.
well i think they give me One database and File Manager... No-email account so can i enable it without emil account?
If you're unsure you'll have to contact your host as they'll have a better understanding of your account limitations.
(2012-07-14, 12:50 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]If you're unsure you'll have to contact your host as they'll have a better understanding of your account limitations.
ok, but i am sure they will not reply my email
They should do if they're a decent hosting company. If you don't mind me asking, who are you hosted with?
(2012-07-14, 12:57 PM)vernier Wrote: [ -> ]They should do if they're a decent hosting company. If you don't mind me asking, who are you hosted with?

i am using a free account. [3host]
Free web hosting providers usually disable php mail to reduce server load.

If you want to use php mail you should use a decent paid host. Alternatively you could use SMTP mail.
(2012-07-14, 01:18 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Free web hosting providers usually disable php mail to reduce server load.

If you want to use php mail you should use a decent paid host. Alternatively you could use SMTP mail.

Yup i know but "Alternatively you could use SMTP mail." can i use it to send mail in free account if yes then how?
for SMTP mail you would need a SMTP server and the settings.. pretty sure google apps supports that.
Pages: 1 2