MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New theme on Designer Den
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just create a thread in themes development, you don't need to release it to do so.

I like the colors used within the header.
(2012-07-18, 07:32 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-18, 06:42 AM)Echo Off Wrote: [ -> ]and that's only one other thread. I didn't update the last one because some people only read the first post of the thread. Not the last or any in between.

You're not supposed to create more then one thread for the same topic in a given section if the other thread has not been locked. You're allowed to bump your previous thread for a set amount of times.

OK, So instead of actually commenting on my theme you just say I did something wrong.

(2012-07-18, 07:53 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Just create a thread in themes development, you don't need to release it to do so.

I like the colors used within the header.

OK thank you Omar.

Staff: Can you please move this to themes development? Thanks.
(2012-07-18, 09:00 AM)Echo Off Wrote: [ -> ]OK, So instead of actually commenting on my theme you just say I did something wrong.

The comments in threads are usually give inregards with the forum where its posted. You posted in showcase and wants to get feedback for your "theme" and not website.
The theme is decent but I expected more from a website about design.
(2012-07-18, 09:07 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-18, 09:00 AM)Echo Off Wrote: [ -> ]OK, So instead of actually commenting on my theme you just say I did something wrong.

The comments in threads are usually give inregards with the forum where its posted. You posted in showcase and wants to get feedback for your "theme" and not website.

That makes no sense. I would reply to what the question was.

Anyhow, I have an idea: you stop ranting about where I posted it. And actually comment on my QUESTION not where i POSTED it.
(2012-07-18, 11:49 AM)Echo Off Wrote: [ -> ]Anyhow, I have an idea: you stop ranting about where I posted it. And actually comment on my QUESTION not where i POSTED it.

Its not my rant. I usually do not angry at all on even bigger things however its just a small thing which is absolutely nothing at all that could make me angry from any angle.

Anyway, glad it has been moved to the proper section.

As far as theme is concerned, here is my feedback;

1. The header is too big in height.
2. There is way too padding in header menu links.
3. IMO there shouldn't be text-decoration: underline; property in header menu link's hover class.
4. Grey and Red color combination is not looking nice when use together as BG and links.
5. Again, padding in .button makes the input buttons quite big, e.g. look the Go button on index. Its looking odd.
(2012-07-18, 05:50 AM)Echo Off Wrote: [ -> ]I wanted to go for a bigger header. But I do not have any texture on the red, so I'm unsure of what you mean there. Make sure you have pressed CTRL + R to reload the page. Because sometimes FF and other browsers save cached copies of the websites components. And a refresh fixes that. I also have not used high gloss Icons.

I know how to use F5/Clear cache. I use Opera, not firefox, and my browser is set to clear cache on exit. I saw your theme as you have presented it.

The background header has a slight noise overlay - I thought you had done it deliberately in photoshop - maybe it is just artifacts. It is a flat surface apart from that, whereas in the on/off icons you have a gradient type effect with a shine on the top - that is the gloss. They don't match to me. If you are going for a huge header then those on off icons look small and prissy in comparison. The big X on the locked icon is also not in style - it is too thin.

It looks - a bit - like you have seen that unova(?) theme, borrowed the look and feel and then whopped a big red header on it. I am NOT saying you ripped the theme - more that you were heavily inspired by it.
(2012-07-18, 06:54 AM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]I like a lot about the theme, but there is one thing that bugs me i guess you could say. Thats the Border below the logo.

It somehow to me personally doesnt fit with the rest of the site. I would have i guess preferred a nice smooth edge like the other borders of your theme.
I agree with this.
You seem to be going for an over all sleek look and feel. Have you considered maybe a gradient from your header to the main body?
(2012-07-18, 12:15 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]It looks - a bit - like you have seen that unova(?) theme, borrowed the look

TBH I was going to say like this but stopped so that OP couldn't think it a "rant" :s

Especially the thead area, it looks quite similar to Unova.
This theme is not good enough for a forum about design. You would need pretty much the highest quality theme available for such a project.
Pages: 1 2 3