MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Somebody made himself a moderator without permission
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a special category for paid members. But today somebody hacked my website and moved himself from registered members to vip members.
Quickly i banned him account&ip adress. Maybe there is a bug about groups. I didnt make him moderator. And users can't attend to moderator group.
I'm using mybb 1.6.8 version. What should i do ?
If you can use basic english to explain, i will thank you.
Have you made sure that you didn't give either group permissons to make other members moderators (or access to the admincp) by accident?
Nobody can access the control panel except me.
i have made these changes. (in screen capture)
i have deleted all moderators and changed their rights. they cant even see the forums right now.

[Image: Kullan_c_Grubu_D_zenle.png] [Image: Forumu_D_zenle.png]
Make sure its set like this on the VIP Group:
[Image: 64bc3b5ac69facb8aac7d1e93a4538c8.png?1342572569]
@Justice why should i make that? Can you explain?
I made it.
it does not make a difference for permissions, only the group they are shown as.

you just need to remember that MyBB is a "yes wins" permission system, so no matter how many "no" permissions are set for a user or group, it only takes one "yes" to enable a particular permission.
I choose myBB because it's simple but...
Is myBB to easy for hackers? Should i buy vBulletin for more security?
(2012-07-18, 02:45 AM)tarkin Wrote: [ -> ]I choose myBB because it's simple but...
Is myBB to easy for hackers? Should i buy vBulletin for more security?

Not at all. Security is a process, not a product.
If anything, vB has more frequent security issues because of its install base. Frequent rogue plugins, every vuln goes public... that's vB.
(2012-07-18, 01:50 AM)tarkin Wrote: [ -> ]@Justice why should i make that? Can you explain?
I made it.

Because in the User CP in group memberships they can just click join group.
Pages: 1 2