MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lost permission to access ACP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all, I accidentally set group admin no permission access ACP. Now, superadmin ( id=1 ) can't access ACP. How to adjust can access the ACP? I have all the information of the host and have access to it.

Thanks you.
Run the following query in phpMyAdmin;
UPDATE mybb_users SET usergroup = '4' WHERE uid = 'X';

Replace X with your UserID.
If you run this SQL query in phpmyadmin or equivalent:
UPDATE mybb_usergroups SET cancp=1 WHERE gid=4

EDIT: Beaten to it Toungue
I try to run query of Yaldaram but Affected rows: 0
UPDATE mybb_users SET usergroup = 4 WHERE uid = 1;
usergroup 4 is by default admin?
I think running the second query. The first, the query of Yaldaram.
Are you sure your user id is 1 ?
He didn't change his own admin permissions, he changed the whole admin group's permissions. Polarbear541's query is what you need to run. Have you tried it?
(2012-07-19, 10:44 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure your user id is 1 ?

Yes, I just installed for testing forum.

(2012-07-19, 10:46 AM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]He didn't change his own admin permissions, he changed the whole admin group's permissions. Polarbear541's query is what you need to run. Have you tried it?

True, you can help me solve the problem. I am started successfully query of Polarbear541 and I see id=1 is in usergroup=4, gid=4 cancp=1 but can't successfully log in ACP.
So you ran both queries and you still can't access the Admin CP? That leaves one thing.

Open the ./inc/config.php and make sure you can find this:

$config['super_admins'] = '1';

The number within quotes is your uid. It has to be there.
Yes, I found it but still can't log in ACP with that uid. I think only need run the second query is enough. What other reason?
Did you or did you not run the two queries?
Pages: 1 2