MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bootstrap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I decided I would pop in and ask if anyway was interested in a Twitter Bootstrap template for MyBB?

Oh, please post other bootstraps you'd like to to base a theme off of. I get bored sometimes.
A few people are already working on one, namely Tom K. He is waiting for 1.8 to release it though.
I just started making one monday.
No tables, no hardcoded styling and responsive. Completely redoing the templates - I know there are other "Bootstrap themes" around but imo they don't even nail it remotely.
Demo coming soon Smile
Potentially stupid question:
What is the advantage of development using bootstrap compared to other frameworks?
Boy oh boy what a bump
^ Yes, but it's relevant, so what does it matter?

(2013-04-10, 11:31 AM)maniacmusic Wrote: [ -> ]I just started making one monday.
No tables, no hardcoded styling and responsive. Completely redoing the templates - I know there are other "Bootstrap themes" around but imo they don't even nail it remotely.
Demo coming soon Smile

Sounds cool.
(2013-04-10, 01:56 PM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]Potentially stupid question:
What is the advantage of development using bootstrap compared to other frameworks?

I just thought it would make a good base for a streamlined alternative MyBB theme/template as I was going to make one for myself anyway.
Now plans changed a little and I try to maintain the original bootstrap classes so you can use Bootstrap themes as well.
I think a clear advantage of Bootstrap is it's scaffolding. It's quite brilliant while easy to use.

Have you tried Bootstrap? It speeds up development a lot. You hardly have to do any work. It's just a matter of writing some markup and adding the right classes. It's awesome if you're a back-end developer and don't really care that much about the front-end and want to get stuff done. Smile

I've kinda lost interest in Bootstrap though. I strive for semantics, and Bootstrap uses a lot of extra markup that I don't like. It's just not very pretty and it disturbs me.
(2013-04-11, 01:10 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]

Have you tried Bootstrap? It speeds up development a lot. You hardly have to do any work. It's just a matter of writing some markup and adding the right classes. It's awesome if you're a back-end developer and don't really care that much about the front-end and want to get stuff done. Smile

I've kinda lost interest in Bootstrap though. I strive for semantics, and Bootstrap uses a lot of extra markup that I don't like. It's just not very pretty and it disturbs me.

I always code from scratch, I developed my own grid system and have some generic reset css I use for every project but it's not anything close to an entire framework. Guess I'll have to check this one out.
Bootstrap should only really be used for prototyping IMO. It's great for that purpose but I'd never use it to build an entire site. Too much bloat and stuff I don't need. If I seriously wanted a CSS framework, I'd use one that lets me make my own decisions about style such as Inuit or skeleton.
Pages: 1 2 3 4