MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need advice on how to proceed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, everything got screwed up and now here is my situation.

I have an empty DB and a backup (gzip) that was created with the Emod program in 1.1.8. I now have version 1.2 installed. I am having trouble finding an import function in phpmyadmin for my backup or a program to unzip the gzip file and paste the tables in manually. I would also assume that the tables from the old version will not work right with 1.2 as well.

What should I do?
In phpMyAdmin the import feature is found in the SQL Popup Window. Click the centre icon in the left menu when you're on the database you want to go on.

Example:
[Image: 1158062914phpmyadmin.jpg]
Anyone know how to unpack this gzip file to a txt file so I can upload it?
an gzipped file would be easy to unpack with any archiving utility, I'd suggest http://tugzip.com/ Smile
Got it. Next question. How can I copy and paste the data? The file is way to big and it won't let me upload it. Do I have to save it in smaller pieces to upload?
Yeah, try that.
This is not going well either. The sever just sits there and does not upload the smaller file.

Moderators: Is it possible to download the previous version of mybb so I can install emods and restore the DB this way? And then Upgrade?
azcoyote Wrote:Is it possible to download the previous version of mybb ...

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=12276
I really need some help.

I reinstalled 1.1.8, installed emod DM archiver, and no luck. Not one of the six backups I had saved would restore without errors.

What's left?
If the data is to big to restore then you'll either need to get your host to import it (or yourself if you have ssh/command line access) by using the mysql command directly on the server.

mysql -u(username) -p (database name) < (backup filename)

Alternatively you can copy/paste bits of the backup into the PHPMyAdmin SQL area (though it'd take a while)
Pages: 1 2