MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ouya Community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ouya community is a forum revolving around the new, Android based console, the Ouya. Whether you've donated to the kickstarter already or have no freaking clue what an "ooeee" is you can come and learn, talk, and have fun on the ouya community.

And feedback/C&C is gladly welcome.

Forums: http://ouyacommunity.net
Ooh, interesting. I've heard about the Ouya and it looks epic. I'll probably sign up, though I wouldn't mind seeing a better theme used Toungue
Would look forward to a better theme. But it seems interesting. Good luck.
A forum for a product that isn't out, and could be vaporware at this point ... weird.
(2012-07-23, 03:50 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]A forum for a product that isn't out, and could be vaporware at this point ... weird.

Seriously doubt it'll be vaporware - have you seen how much the kickstarter raised? Even if the company making the ouya itself give up, there's so much demand I'm fairly sure somebody else would pick it up.
Vaporware != $5,411,771 pledged of $950,000 goal + 16 days to go.
(2012-07-23, 03:45 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Ooh, interesting. I've heard about the Ouya and it looks epic. I'll probably sign up, though I wouldn't mind seeing a better theme used Toungue
Thank you sir. :3 And TIL I have a horrible choice in themes. I thought it looked nice and kind of matched the Ouya's sleek design.

(2012-07-23, 03:48 PM)Roach Wrote: [ -> ]Would look forward to a better theme. But it seems interesting. Good luck.
Thank you.

(2012-07-23, 03:50 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]A forum for a product that isn't out, and could be vaporware at this point ... weird.
Yea... I don't think it'll be vaporware... and what difference does it make? I've made a forum around a console that ATM seems to have a lot of buzz, and isn't overdone yet... I'd thought you'd like that brad...
While Ouya's success on Kickstarter is impressive, it doesn't mean anything -- Ouya is under no obligation to actually fill those "orders." There are no refunds on Kickstarter, period. So they could take the money and run.

However, that's unlikely. What's more unlikely is that the project will be delayed incessantly and not be a great platform for developers. However, as it is, they have no working console, no final controller design, no online service, and want to be live in March 2013. That's insane, and for now, it's vaporware.

Quote:So not only is there no finished hardware, no service at the moment, no controller, and no games—although we’re being asked to take their word that they can create each of those things in eight months—but focusing development costs on an incredibly risky platform with a small installed base and features that make piracy all but given makes no sense for most developers who release games you’d like to play. It’s an environment that not makes little sense for commercial development, in many ways it’s actively hostile to people hoping to create games for it.

http://penny-arcade.com/report/editorial...uld-be-ske

I do like that it's at least unique, but you've made a discussion community for something about which there is currently nothing to discuss. I'd suggest you take the time between now and next March to work on developing your site, because it's not really well designed as it is right now.
(2012-07-23, 05:25 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I do like that it's at least unique, but you've made a discussion community for something about which there is currently nothing to discuss. I'd suggest you take the time between now and next March to work on developing your site, because it's not really well designed as it is right now.

I disagree, I think there's a lot to discuss. There were forums for Sony's Vita before sony even made an announcement about the vita.

And I can work on the design and still advertise the forum. It'd just be a lose-lose situation if I closed up the forum and said oh it'll be open next year. In that time there'll be many other Ouya forums. Why not take the time from now to next year to work on the design, and work on adding more and more content? And I really don't see what's bad about opening a forum up about a console that hasn't been released? If the Ouya doesn't work out what's the worst that could happen to me? I've lost a buck on a domain and some money on a hosting and a theme. And if the Ouya becomes extremely popular, I've already got content and members.
I'm not saying you should close the forum -- just that there's not much to talk about right now and I think you should use the time to develop the site more.
Pages: 1 2