MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mountain Lion for Mac Released Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
They are happy because they sleep with money. I've seen people sue Apple for their fail products. For example, last news I read was a guy sue Apple for Siri giving him false information.

Good Apple products!!!! The best.
Two. That's why they have the highest satisfaction and the highest repeat purchases. Smile looking forward to the next iPhone!

Re: ML, looking forward to see how iCloud is integrated. I use TextEdit for everything so it will hopefully be good for me.
(2012-07-25, 03:58 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-25, 03:49 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]Cheapest iMac I could configure on Apple's site: http://store.apple.com/us/configure/MC309LL/A
Cheapest similar PC I could build on NewEgg: http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/Public...r=19834865

NOBODY CARES

I could buy my clothes at Wal-Mart, but I don't, and I sure as hell don't remind everyone about it constantly.

I care. Not everyone wants to buy super expensive crap when they don't have to.
You don't have to. Nobody here is saying you have to -- or should -- buy a Mac. But this is a topic to discuss Mountain Lion. Not to disparage people for liking products you don't like. I don't really care if you think my spending habits are stupid. It's none of your damn business.
(2012-07-25, 03:59 PM)Ansem Wrote: [ -> ]If there aren't those rich fags who keep buying iPhones, Apple would be dead by now. Or if they buy a brain before they buy an iOS product.

> Implying the Google Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy S3 and new sony Experia aren't expensive phones...

Quote:The same SPECS for a PC and Mac, Mac costs x2. How is that comparing money?
You can go into your local supermarket and pick up some Doritos, or the supermarkets own-brand nachos. They probably won't taste the same. And the doritos are probably more expensive, but they still serve the same purpose. Also, I'd like to see you buy an aluminium unibody laptop for less money. If you find one, point me in it's direction because I really like the feel of them and nobody else makes good ones. Also, How many desktops have you seen like the iMac? Not built ins, but sleek ones.

Also, comparing the Mac Pro is fairly pointless, because it is highly likely that Apple is going to be dropping those in the next 18 months, so I read. Also, they have a SPECIFIC feature set. Also, nobody yet has commented on how garishly overpriced Alienware machines are...

Re: ML. I am downloading the update now Smile Gotta figure out the install process for my hackintosh Toungue
Just after installing mountain lion. Love it already. New dock too, looks super clean.
(2012-07-25, 05:14 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]You don't have to. Nobody here is saying you have to -- or should -- buy a Mac. But this is a topic to discuss Mountain Lion. Not to disparage people for liking products you don't like. I don't really care if you think my spending habits are stupid. It's none of your damn business.

You're right, this argument is off topic. It's not even one I particularly care about, and I don't know why I got involved (probably just as an excuse to build another computer on newegg. That site is like a geek's TVtropes).

That being said, all I did was compare some prices and I would appreciate it if you would tone down your anger towards me.

As far as mountain lion itself goes, I only see a couple of things that I think are really worthy of an OS update rather than some new apps and upgrades to existing ones. There are plenty of things that I don't care about and don't want cluttering my system (I don't have a Facebook page, so anything Facebook is bloatware to me, and have 1 tweet on my Twitter, so same thing there). Don't get me wrong, a lot of it's pretty neat, but $20 for a glorified app-update-package neat? That's pushing it.
My anger isn't at you as much as it you were continuing a conversation that didn't need to be had in the first place. We want to talk about Mountain Lion, not rehash this stupid PC Vs Mac war.

$20 for a pretty thorough system refinement strikes me as a pretty good deal. If you don't want FB or Twitter integration, don't connect to those services. Most people are using one of those services at least, so it's a good value for most consumers.
(2012-07-25, 06:14 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]My anger isn't at you as much as it you were continuing a conversation that didn't need to be had in the first place. We want to talk about Mountain Lion, not rehash this stupid PC Vs Mac war.

$20 for a pretty thorough system refinement strikes me as a pretty good deal. If you don't want FB or Twitter integration, don't connect to those services. Most people are using one of those services at least, so it's a good value for most consumers.

$20 its fantastic. $20 wouldn't get you a decent meal the the local chinese take away these days. Im loving the new look/features. The integration between my iPhone iPad and iMac now is fantastic.

Side note, Facebook integration wont be available until the fall.
I am working on upgrading right now. But it looks like VirusBarrier X6 is causing issues. Grrr.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5