MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I remove email requirement for registration?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I'd like to allow users to register using only username/password, and no email.

I tried removing the email field from the template files and edited the javascript to not check for a valid email, but whenever I attempt to create a test account, I am still told that the email field is missing.

Spam is not a problem for me, as the forum is Invite only anyway.
This can't be that hard to assist me with.....
ACP > configuration > settings > User Registration and Profile Options > Registration Method > make it instant activation
now they can enter any email it doesn't matter if it was the wrong email
regards,
(2012-07-27, 05:35 PM)illusionalp Wrote: [ -> ]ACP > configuration > settings > User Registration and Profile Options > Registration Method > make it instant activation
now they can enter any email it doesn't matter if it was the wrong email
regards,

Thank you, but i don't want that.
I want there to not be an email field in the registration box at all.
Just username and password.
You can use this http://mods.mybb.com/view/quick-register-hamed-version and change the settings of file .php removing the box e-mail
(2012-07-27, 07:00 PM)Dominic Wrote: [ -> ]You can use this http://mods.mybb.com/view/quick-register-hamed-version and change the settings of file .php removing the box e-mail

thank you kindly for your help.
but I just want to figure out a way to block mybb from checking for an email.
mm do you want disable the option that e-mail in registration is required?
(2012-07-27, 07:58 PM)Dominic Wrote: [ -> ]mm do you want disable the option that e-mail in registration is required?

Yes, this is what I want to do Smile
In the template member_register you can find the options of the registration try to delete the box email Smile and say me if you solve the problem or i try it for you on my forum
(2012-07-27, 08:04 PM)Dominic Wrote: [ -> ]In the template member_register you can find the options of the registration try to delete the box email Smile and say me if you solve the problem or i try it for you on my forum

I have deleted the registration box, and it no longer shows up on the registration feild, however, when i try to register, mybb itself still checks for an email and returns an error that there is none.
Pages: 1 2