MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upload problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey guys... for some reason, I can't get to my install part, after I've uploaded my forum...
I uploaded all the contents in the "upload" folder like it said.. I've chmodded them... But when I get my link, it says 404 error, not found! I don't know what's up! I havn't had a problem installing with the 1.1 series, but this is giving me trouble! Sad

So... This is what I've done.. (I'm using SmartFTP - used it for 1.1 series too)
I made a folder called "forum" - just to find the files easy... I uploaded all that it said for me too.. once that's done, I chmodded it... then I right clicked on forum, and got the direct link... then I put "/install", and I get a 404 error. I've even tried this by going to mysite.com/upload/install... I don't know what's up..
Help pppplllleeeeeeeaaaaaassssssseeeee!

Thanks,
Snowy
Sometimes I've used SmartFTP and it just stops in the middle of the uploading of the files, do you see the install folder on the ftp?
Yes I do
I tried uploading it with FlashFXP now, and its still not working :?
Can you please post the URL? Please make sure that there's a file called index.php inside the install folder.
My site is www.blindmansgfx.com, and yes, there is an index.php in the install folder
Quote:mysite.com/upload/install

Shouldn't that be: mysite.com/forum/install/.

Or: mysite.com/forum/install/index.php

Snowy,

I cant even find the folder without a 404 error... You did upload it to a "forum" folder in the Public_Access folder on your server ??
Ozidave Wrote:
Quote:mysite.com/upload/install

Shouldn't that be: mysite.com/forum/install/.

Or: mysite.com/forum/install/index.php

Snowy,

I cant even find the folder without a 404 error... You did upload it to a "forum" folder in the Public_Access folder on your server ??

Just tried that, doesn't work.
edit
One sec, I'm going to re-upload.

edit #2
Still nothing, I still get a 404 error!!! Sad
Ok,

Something is definately amiss here..

Upload your index.htm file (the Friday thing) to the forum folder. Chmod the forum folder to 755 and lets see if it can be located..
Ozidave Wrote:Ok,

Something is definately amiss here..

Upload your index.htm file (the Friday thing) to the forum folder. Chmod the forum folder to 755 and lets see if it can be located..

K, just did that... now I get the index of, when going to my site... I'm assuming, becuase I uploaded the index.html to the forum folder, instead of the public html like I had before.
Pages: 1 2 3