MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Your "MyBB Experience"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2012-08-04, 11:43 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]I set mine as advanced a while back and haven't touched it since.

Same here Smile

Maybe other users should rate each other (no, no reputation) so it could have an actual use. That will require extra functionality so I know it won't be added.
(2012-08-04, 11:43 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]I set mine as advanced a while back and haven't touched it since. To be honest, I'm not even sure why it's there.

Lol this. It's all subjective but pretty much irrelevant.
(2012-08-04, 04:31 PM)BlackChaos Wrote: [ -> ]Beginner
- Knows what MyBB is [x]
- Knows what to do with it [x]

Novice
- Very familiar with the front-end of mybb forums [x]
- Knows their way around the back-end as well [x]
- Can edit templates without having to look up guides or tutorials [x]
- Knows how to upload a MyBB forum, themes, plugins, etc. [x]
- Moderately experienced with moderating tools [x]

Advanced
- Has a working knowledge of HTML and CSS [x]
Though nothing with themes and styling ever looks nice, but i do know how to write it Toungue
- Can edit PHP codes without messing up [x]
- Experienced in moderating a mybb forum
- Has an active forum
- Created a few plugins
- Knows the CP like the back of their hand [x]

Just for fun marked stuf i do know and i dont.
Something between novice and advanced..
I do wonder though if it has no point, and i just something you can type in like now. Why its actually there.
I made myself a Guru after I'd been on the Support Team for ages :p
Thought people might question my authority if I didn't ^_^.

That said it looks like Chris is a beginner Toungue
I changed mine to advanced based on that list Big Grin

However, I think it is a bad thing in a way that it is there. We have some users posting in forums asking questions and it is pretty clear that they are new to the mybb software (and nothing wrong with that) yet a view of their profile says Advanced or Guru!! I think that is misleading and maybe it should be removed. I guess it is there to show that the profile supports custom fields - this is a demo forum after all Big Grin
(2012-08-04, 01:41 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]I think at one time it was in the post-bit so people kind of had an idea of your experience without searching around.

It's pretty much still used exactly that way. I tend to look at user profiles to see how well experienced they are with MyBB before trying to help them, what terminology to use, etc..

With some people it's as simple as telling them to go to their ACP and edit the header template, with others they need to know direct instructions. It's a handy feature if you tend to give out a lot of support.
But a feature is sometimes only as good as its users. If members were more truthful regarding their expertise, giving support would indeed be much easier.
(2012-08-07, 12:06 AM)BlackChaos Wrote: [ -> ]But a feature is sometimes only as good as its users. If members were more truthful regarding their expertise, giving support would indeed be much easier.

Indeed it would. It's up to them to help us help them. Smile
Changed it to advanced, not novice but certain things of advanced i havnt done enough to call me advanced in those area´s i do wonder if by CP he meant Cpannel generally just put Cpan as shortcut for it so. If he meant that i can check that box to Big Grin
(2012-08-06, 11:13 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]I made myself a Guru after I'd been on the Support Team for ages :p
Thought people might question my authority if I didn't ^_^.

That said it looks like Chris is a beginner Toungue

That's basically what I did except the whole the team member thing Toungue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4