MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: thread note test
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I suppose Toungue I'll let you off Wink

Really the forum name should be changed Toungue
(2012-08-05, 06:59 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Really the forum name should be changed Toungue

In Australian English 'inquiry' is preferred. Smile
English was invented by the English, so that point it moot Wink
In French English 'potato' is the standard.
(2012-08-05, 10:19 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]English was invented by the English, so that point it moot Wink

"I don't speak English. I just know American." <- 7 out of 10 people will reply that if you ask them in the U.S.

Also, even at that point, the English called themselves British; English is based off Olde English, of the Anglo-Saxons. British is a subset of that, just like Texan and Canadian. (No offense to anyone of those areas.)
(2012-08-05, 10:28 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]In French English 'potato' is the standard.

Pomme de terre, eh? Seems legit.
(2012-08-05, 11:40 PM)Odin of Aesir Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-05, 10:19 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]English was invented by the English, so that point it moot Wink

"I don't speak English. I just know American." <- 7 out of 10 people will reply that if you ask them in the U.S.

Also, even at that point, the English called themselves British; English is based off Olde English, of the Anglo-Saxons. British is a subset of that, just like Texan and Canadian. (No offense to anyone of those areas.)

No, you're British if you live in England, Scotland or Wales. You're English if you live in England Toungue

In that case all Americans should spell color as colour. You're forgetting that Tim and Chris are both Australian. Toungue
Yeah, what I mean is, if you're using "English" as your official language, you should use the real thing.

You can't go up to Microsoft and tell them they spelled "Windows" wrong just because you spell it "windowz". It's still wrong. Toungue
Tis the same with Aluminium Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3