MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: thread note test
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2012-08-06, 09:05 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, what I mean is, if you're using "English" as your official language, you should use the real thing.

I don't speak English, dammit! I just said I spoke American, capishe?
I meant here at mybb Smile its the official language Toungue

(2012-08-06, 12:16 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]Tis the same with Aluminium Toungue

Don't even get me started on Aluminium..... Angry
English (American). Pirate (English). Where's the English (British) option? Therefore, American is superior.

(2012-08-06, 12:39 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Don't even get me started on Aluminium..... Angry

What's wrong with aluminum? Don't like tin foil?
(2012-08-06, 02:52 PM)Odin of Aesir Wrote: [ -> ]English (American). Pirate (English). Where's the English (British) option? Therefore, American is superior.

No, it's prejudice Wink I don't understand why they don't just call it "American"...

Quote:
(2012-08-06, 12:39 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Don't even get me started on Aluminium..... Angry

What's wrong with aluminum? Don't like tin foil?

You're spelling it wrong. The inventor says so (Sir Humphry Davis), and so does IUPAC...
I'm still going to hold my side as true. (I'm honestly just arguing for the hell of it; I know that you're right. Toungue I spell it aluminium, and that's Oxford's spelling.) And they don't call it American because it is British English, essentially. We have a few different meanings and spellings, but 99.9% of the words are the same in definition and spelling.
It is interesting looking at the differences and I imagine most people here are tempted to use color anyways as it's part of HTML and CSS Toungue

British English is of course the core language as it was us who colonised America anyways Toungue Then you took back control and changed parts of the language ^_^.
I think it should be changed to "American".

Lots of countries changed the name of their parent language when they gained independence. So should you (ie: the American people). Toungue
It wouldn't make much of a difference, probably. Some of the people would say, "isn't that what it was before?", some will say, "alright. Doesn't matter," and some will be like, "No way! I speak English!"
(2012-08-06, 03:49 PM)Odin of Aesir Wrote: [ -> ]"No way! I speak English!"

+1 Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3