MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Restore my backup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Yes, the forum loads, but can you get one of the threads to open?

Also, it won't let me log on into the admin CP, I get into the initial part, but when I go to preferences or configure (any link in the CP) it wants my name and password again and won't let me in.

Now I can't log in at all. I try to recover the password and it doesn't recognize the email address. I may have to start over, again.

Even did a password restore and it still won't let me log in. This is exactly what happened last year with phpbb.
As already stated, be sure your cookie path is correct.

/inc/settings.php

Clear cache and cookies and try again.

It definitely appears to be a cookie issue at this point.
(2012-10-31, 06:08 PM)marc stevens Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, the forum loads, but can you get one of the threads to open?

Also, it won't let me log on into the admin CP, I get into the initial part, but when I go to preferences or configure (any link in the CP) it wants my name and password again and won't let me in.

Now I can't log in at all. I try to recover the password and it doesn't recognize the email address. I may have to start over, again.

Navigate to your forum folder/inc/ with your ftp client and upload the settings.php file file to your pc and check the board url and the cookie settings there and see what are they set to.

Alternatively you can get to the file with the File Manager providing your host has one.

P.s. Do you have any .htaccess file in your forum folder? If you do, can you copy/paste its contents here?
I uploaded the settings file as suggested. For checking the URL and clearing cookies, I don't know how to do that other than using the admin CP and I can't log in to do that.

The htaccess file is:

Options -MultiViews +FollowSymlinks -Indexes

#
# If mod_security is enabled, attempt to disable it.
# - Note, this will work on the majority of hosts but on
# MediaTemple, it is known to cause random Internal Server
# errors. For MediaTemple, please remove the block below
#
<IfModule mod_security.c>
# Turn off mod_security filtering.
SecFilterEngine Off

# The below probably isn't needed, but better safe than sorry.
SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

#
# MyBB "search engine friendly" URL rewrites
# - Note, for these to work with MyBB please make sure you have
# the setting enabled in the Admin CP and you have this file
# named .htaccess
#
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-lastpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=lastpost [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextnewest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextnewest [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextoldest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextoldest [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-newpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=newpost [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&pid=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?pid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^announcement-([0-9]+)\.html$ announcements.php?aid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^user-([0-9]+)\.html$ member.php?action=profile&uid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=yearview&calendar=$1&year=$2 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)-day-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=dayview&calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3&day=$4 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-week-(n?[0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=weekview&calendar=$1&week=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^event-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=event&eid=$1 [L,QSA]

<IfModule mod_env.c>
SetEnv SEO_SUPPORT 1
</IfModule>
</IfModule>

#
# If Apache is compiled with built in mod_deflade/GZIP support
# then GZIP Javascript, CSS, HTML and XML so they're sent to
# the client faster.
#
<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/javascript text/css text/html text/xml
</IfModule>
Check this thread for more info on correcting your cookies path. http://community.mybb.com/thread-126359.html

I think the last person was suggesting you take a copy of the settings.php file off the webserver and look over it locally to be sure it had the correct settings. If you've uploaded a new copy that's probably ok, but you still need to check those files have the correct settings, I'm able to edit my files directly on the server as I suspect you can too, but whatever method you chose be sure that the file that ends up on the server is the one with the correct/corrected settings.

As for clearing cookies and cache, that was referring to your browser settings, not something in the BB software.

I've looked a couple times at your site and see it's available at http://marcstevens.net/board/ I can't click on any threads though, so I suspect something else could be wrong once you get the login issues resolved.
Royel: the better way to do it would be to delete the php settings file and edit the mybb_settings table directly, as on next page load, MyBB will regenerate settings.php based on thw contents of that table, fixing the problem.
(2012-10-31, 06:53 PM)marc stevens Wrote: [ -> ]I uploaded the settings file as suggested. For checking the URL and clearing cookies, I don't know how to do that other than using the admin CP and I can't log in to do that.

After you upload the file to your pc open it with a php editor and look at these settings:
$settings['bburl'] = "";

$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "";

How do they appear? If they are not set correctly, you can straighten them out, save the changes and then re-upload the file back overwriting the old one.
Then change the settings in the AdminCP.
(2012-10-31, 10:05 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]Then change the settings in the AdminCP.

The OP seems to have problems logging in at the Acp.
OK, I deleted the forum, again. I reinstalled and deleted cookies and corrected the settings.php file. I can log in, the backup has been restored, the accounts are there. There is still an issue with getting the actual threads though.

I appreciate the help, it's gotten me much closer to resolving this. What could be the problem with the threads not loading? Why the 404 error?
Pages: 1 2 3