MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Restore my backup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2012-10-31, 07:25 PM)Royel Wrote: [ -> ]I've looked a couple times at your site and see it's available at http://marcstevens.net/board/ I can't click on any threads though, so I suspect something else could be wrong once you get the login issues resolved.

I suspected as much. I have a few ideas, I could speculate but probably shouldn't just yet, perhaps a more knowledgeable person will take a look and have an idea.

I'm gonna take a closer look at the htaccess you posted and maybe try a few things on my server to see what the results are.
(2012-11-01, 03:45 PM)marc stevens Wrote: [ -> ]OK, I deleted the forum, again. I reinstalled and deleted cookies and corrected the settings.php file. I can log in, the backup has been restored, the accounts are there. There is still an issue with getting the actual threads though.

I appreciate the help, it's gotten me much closer to resolving this. What could be the problem with the threads not loading? Why the 404 error?

Is the search engine friendly URLs? enabled? You can check it at the following settings:

Admin CP > Configuration > Settings > Server and Optimization Options > Enable search engine friendly URLs?
(2012-11-01, 05:28 PM)borbole Wrote: [ -> ]Is the search engine friendly URLs? enabled? You can check it at the following settings:

Admin CP > Configuration > Settings > Server and Optimization Options > Enable search engine friendly URLs?

Yes, I did that and still get the 404 error.
(2012-11-01, 08:06 PM)marc stevens Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-01, 05:28 PM)borbole Wrote: [ -> ]Is the search engine friendly URLs? enabled? You can check it at the following settings:

Yes, I did that and still get the 404 error.

Can you rename your .htaccess file or delete it (but make first a backup) and see if that would make any differences. Imo one of 2 things is causing your issue, the .htaccess file or an incorrect setting/cookie.

Alternatively ask your host so they can have a look at this. It might be related to that mod security thing.
Hi Marc,

If you're still having issues with this, would you mind please posting ftp details and an admin account in the Private Inquiries forum. Posting your details in their will mean only staff and yourself can see them so we can investigate this issue further.

Thanks
(2012-11-01, 08:14 PM)borbole Wrote: [ -> ]Can you rename your .htaccess file or delete it (but make first a backup) and see if that would make any differences. Imo one of 2 things is causing your issue, the .htaccess file or an incorrect setting/cookie.

Alternatively ask your host so they can have a look at this. It might be related to that mod security thing.

I looked for that file and it was weird, the file was empty. All I did was upload the backup and it and the threads load. I haven't checked too many, but it looks like it's back. Only took me a week, but it's back.

Thanks guys, the help was appreciated.Smile

Now the links on my website don't work, 404 error. Here we go again.Confused

It's all back. Thanks again.Smile
Glad to hear that you got it all sorted out Smile
Anything?

(2012-11-05, 05:36 PM)marc stevens Wrote: [ -> ]I've been out of town, but last week before I left the problem came back with a vengeance. Same 404 error, but now it's making it so I can't run the forum at the same time as my website.

Sometime after the forum was running (we were posting again) the 404 problem started with my website, all I had was the home page, none of the links worked, same as the forum problem.

I contacted the host company and they seemed to have fixed the website, but, the forum started having the 404 error again. I contacted the host again and they cannot get them to work at the same time, saying there is a code error, probably with the htacess code, and they cannot get the website and forum to work at the same time, website works-forum down, forum works-website down.

Any ideas?

Anything?
Anything? I'm looking at going with another host account to fix this, didn't want to spend $$ for an entirely new site just to host the forum.

Finally got it to work, had to edit the .htaccess code from the cpanel. Could not edit with the FTP program.

Hopefully this one sticks.Big Grin
Go into your Cpanel >> phpMyAdmin >> Your Database >> Drop All Tables >> Instert (Databse Copy) >> Done.

Hope I helped somewhat.
Pages: 1 2 3