MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My Situation...Help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So... my co-admin has just stopped communicating to me. I have tried phoning/texting him to no avail.

The problem with this is that he has the financial funds... the hosting for the website (which will disappear soon if he doesn't pay it), etc; while I have no funds at all.

He has paid for the custom themes and modified them greatly to fit our forum with his profound coding skills...

My question is: why would he just stop communicating? What do I do?
I have already downloaded the database and exported the themes...now what?
Take the backup of site just incase it vanish as soon as hosting expires. Next, if you have any AIM, MSN, Skype of that person, your best bet is to buzz him again and again.
Translate to a free host till you resolve it.
(2012-08-06, 02:57 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Take the backup of site just incase it vanish as soon as hosting expires. Next, if you have any AIM, MSN, Skype of that person, your best bet is to buzz him again and again.

I have access to his e-mail (which he has been checking daily) and his phone number.

What I don't get is that we're like 2 year friends but he suddenly just stops talking.
Swap hosts, if your the owner pay for things yourself instead of taking the risk of BS like this happening.
I am not sure what you want people here to do about your sour friendship.
You don't have $5 to rehost it on HawkHost?
I am not sure why you're relying on someone else to pay what should probably be your bills. If you don't have a spare $6 a month (mow someone's yard, or rake leaves in the fall, shovel snow in the winter if you're in a cold place), then I am not sure you can do a whole lot besides get stuck on a crummy free host.

But I would make sure to take frequent backups (frequency depending on size of the forum) and have files on another host ready, and if the account expires, take the domain with you and point it to the new host.
(2012-08-06, 03:00 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Translate to a free host till you resolve it.

hmm.. You probably mean "Transfer" ?
(2012-08-07, 07:47 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-06, 03:00 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Translate to a free host till you resolve it.

hmm.. You probably mean "Transfer" ?

Probably, yes. Yes.
Pages: 1 2