MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing the Older and Next to the Actual Topics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
New here, just installed MYBB in my new domain name, was using SMF but I followed my friends advise to try MYBB in my new domain name, I found it sweet and friendly to work with but there is one thing I will like to be helped on. At the end of Show Thread, there is something like this

Next Oldest | Next Newest

I will like to display the actual topic eg Welcome to my MYBB instead of

{$lang->next_oldest}

The is the actual code is

<strong>&laquo; <a href="{$next_oldest_link}">{$lang->next_oldest}</a> | <a href="{$next_newest_link}">{$lang->next_newest}</a> &raquo;</strong>

Help will be appreciated.

No help yet. Anyone here got solution?
Should I mark it no solved as there is no help yet?
You want to display the topic name?

If so, replace
<strong>&laquo; <a href="{$next_oldest_link}">{$lang->next_oldest}</a> | <a href="{$next_newest_link}">{$lang->next_newest}</a> &raquo;</strong> 
with
<strong>{$thread['threadprefix']}{$thread['subject']}</strong>
But won't that just give the title of the topic he is looking at Paul? I thought the OP was looking to have the topic name of the next or previous topic display instead of NEXT or PREVIOUS.

I have no idea how to do that.
Well the actual code of the next or previous topic is an SQL query in showthread.php. So the best way to do this would probably be a plugin. Template conditionals might to do it though.

As far as I know, no plugins yet exist for this..
Thanks for the answer Paul but as Leefish said, I will like the Next Oldest and the Next Newest replaced with the actual topics titles.

Thanks Polarbear541
Please can you let me know which queries that is needed or do you suggest I leave it so?
Maybe this is a job for the patches plugin so the showthread query/template eval can be modified in the core file?
(2012-08-10, 11:07 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe this is a job for the patches plugin so the showthread query/template eval can be modified in the core file?

Can I see the plugin please.
It is on the mods site - you need patches and plugin library, both are very stable. You then would need to edit the query and apply it as a patch to the core file.

http://mods.mybb.com/profile/17022
Please can you explain more, how can I edit the query? the patch plugin I understand is for adding (before or after) or replacing codes in a particular file.
Pages: 1 2