MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [HELP] Anti-DDOS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2012-08-21, 10:30 PM)damoncloudflare Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-21, 10:19 PM)kamz89 Wrote: [ -> ]Cloudflare is the best when it comes to DDoS protections ONLY if you know how to use it correctly.

Well, I'm Under Attack doesn't really require any configuration (you don't, however, want to turn it on if you really aren't under attack & I've seen people do this...some site functions may not work 100% while it is turned on).

There are other things you can do, like restricting connections to our IPs on your server, but we generally don't recommend doing this because a lot of people forget to change it after the attack has stopped.

Lol you quoted the wrong person. I agree, the "I'm under Attack" is not recommend to keep turned on the whole time.

If you ban some countries, edit the DNS records a little and block the top down or not sites then it would be extremely hard to DDoS your site even if you have the real websites IP. I'm a member of HF and I have viewed many booter sources and came up with some tricks from which even the hardest DDoS attacks can't harm the site much.
(2012-08-22, 01:21 AM)kamz89 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-21, 10:30 PM)damoncloudflare Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-21, 10:19 PM)kamz89 Wrote: [ -> ]Cloudflare is the best when it comes to DDoS protections ONLY if you know how to use it correctly.

Well, I'm Under Attack doesn't really require any configuration (you don't, however, want to turn it on if you really aren't under attack & I've seen people do this...some site functions may not work 100% while it is turned on).

There are other things you can do, like restricting connections to our IPs on your server, but we generally don't recommend doing this because a lot of people forget to change it after the attack has stopped.

Lol you quoted the wrong person. I agree, the "I'm under Attack" is not recommend to keep turned on the whole time.

If you ban some countries, edit the DNS records a little and block the top down or not sites then it would be extremely hard to DDoS your site even if you have the real websites IP. I'm a member of HF and I have viewed many booter sources and came up with some tricks from which even the hardest DDoS attacks can't harm the site much.

Correct.

If you wanted to build a "ANTI-DDOS" website I suggest looking for hosting that is secured.

The function I use on my website which is very complex is that if one webserver down it will redirect to another server making the ddoser look like a tool.

Blocking country's isn't really a good thing, America alone has ALOT of infected computers that can be used to slave on a bot network.
"Blocking country's isn't really a good thing, America alone has ALOT of infected computers that can be used to slave on a bot network."

It depends. If you don't want or need traffic from the specific country, why chew up resources for your site on them?
(2012-08-23, 09:16 PM)damoncloudflare Wrote: [ -> ]"Blocking country's isn't really a good thing, America alone has ALOT of infected computers that can be used to slave on a bot network."

It depends. If you don't want or need traffic from the specific country, why chew up resources for your site on them?

Exactly. I don't plan for whateverlongnamestan people to be viewing my forum.
(2012-08-24, 01:23 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-23, 09:16 PM)damoncloudflare Wrote: [ -> ]"Blocking country's isn't really a good thing, America alone has ALOT of infected computers that can be used to slave on a bot network."

Exactly. I don't plan for whateverlongnamestan people to be viewing my forum.

It all depends cause there is bound to be slaves/bots in a specific country you allow to view your forum.

If you want to go out with correct protection you will need to find a host that can protect against DDoS protection using the correct firewalls.
No software can stop ddos attacks complety if someone is desprete enough to attack you they will.

but you could try CloudFare there great at stopping dos attacks or try google *ddos attack prevention*
"It all depends cause there is bound to be slaves/bots in a specific country you allow to view your forum."

Yes, that is very obviously true. I think the points others were making had to do with...

"Why grant access to countries that you don't want to visit your site?"

What most booters do is use countries such as China as bots to DDoS sites, they even use downtime checkers such as isup to DDoS sites. If you block such incoming networks then site is pretty much save. I know that the only reason why a site is up is because there are no haters.

Blocking specific countries is beneficial at times while at the same time you lose some amount of traffic. You are right about a lot of infected computers in US that's I don't really block much US networks without investigating the threat also when my site is being DDoSed I often change it to "I'm under attack" so it reads each incoming signal if my site is still slow then move to a temp. host then revert back after few hours. The DNS setting feature in Cloudflare helps me a lot.
(2012-08-11, 11:46 AM)heartrabzzz15 Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, would you mind suggesting me a working Anti-DDOS Software so I can prevent DDOS Attacks??If you need more account details, please PM me. Also, I I hope it totally works for me. Smile

No such thing as ANTI-DDOS.
You can although filter the IPs like a firewall.

DDOS Attack Example:

Server 1 -> Hey I'm here -> Server * request looks legitimate *
Server 2 -> Hey I'm here -> Server * request looks legitimate *

everyone else will see: Error loading page since the server is being flooded.

Now if you filter it

Server 1 -> Hey I'm here -> Firewall * hm, thats odd. I think you might be a DDoS attacker. IP null routed * -> Server 1 * blackhole *
Server 2 -> Hey I'm here -> Firewall * hm, thats odd. I think you might be a DDoS attacker. IP null routed * -> Server 1 * blackhole *
(2012-09-08, 06:35 PM)kamz89 Wrote: [ -> ]

What most booters do is use countries such as China as bots to DDoS sites, they even use downtime checkers such as isup to DDoS sites. If you block such incoming networks then site is pretty much save. I know that the only reason why a site is up is because there are no haters.

Blocking specific countries is beneficial at times while at the same time you lose some amount of traffic. You are right about a lot of infected computers in US that's I don't really block much US networks without investigating the threat also when my site is being DDoSed I often change it to "I'm under attack" so it reads each incoming signal if my site is still slow then move to a temp. host then revert back after few hours. The DNS setting feature in Cloudflare helps me a lot.

Also just because you block country's doesn't stop a DDOS attack.

Anti-DDOS is impossible, there are only measures you can help to prevent small-ish attacks.

If you have 30million bots from America or China hitting such services as Cloudflare, it will go down, even if you have attempted to block the country.

The example of Cloudflare; The DDOS "bot" would still be hitting the server with packets and will still be using bandwidth on that server, so you can still perform such overflow.

Google have setup good DDOS "protection" systems such as using current blacklists etc, and monitor specific traffic types. They also use propagating DNS services that link to there 1000's + of servers.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5