MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Domain Registrars for a .me domain?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of registering a .me domain, what registrar would be about the cheapest? (I've not got too much spare currently)

Thanks Smile
Most will be pretty much be priced the same since all registrars end up having to work with ICANN in the end.

Namecheap.com and name.com are probably the most recommended ones around here. Although someone mentioned one that looks nice in another thread not long ago.
Name.com is my favourite. They aren't just corporate mind-slaves when they talk to you. They are friendly nice people. They respond to every tweet and facebook post, and publish a really helpful blog.
https://www.register.com/promo/domain-to...4AodQTReYQ
you cant buy more than 1 domain and i guess they got some other weird rules
but it worth trying it is just 1$ Smile
OR
www.one.com really great hosting/domain registration website
they got 24/7 live support they reply to you in about 1 min max
and cheap prices you should check them out soon
regards
Illusionalp .me isn't part of that promotion so stop posting a referral link.
(2012-08-16, 11:15 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Illusionalp .me isn't part of that promotion so stop posting a referral link.
it is a ref link mate get your info straight it is just a coupon..
don't accuse me before checking , please!
and i has just noticed they don't offer .me domains sorry OP my bad but
you can always try one.com..
Was going to go for a .com but that domain was taken. .me was the only one available with the name I wanted Toungue

I'll take a look at those given, thanks all for the suggestions Smile
Just got this email from Namecheap:
Quote: $5.99 Domains, Pinterest Contest
Hi Josh,

Summer isn't quite over yet and we've got some hot summer deals for you!
It's All About .ME!

Secure your personal brand with a new .ME domain. For the rest of August only, new .ME registrations are available for $5.99 with code JUST4ME! Get a .ME today and enjoy the benefits of this unique TLD plus 1 year free of Open-Xchange personal email. This offer is limited to 10 per user.
Get your Fortune from Namecheap

Try your luck at our latest Facebook app, the fortune cookie! You may be told your fortune, receive an inspirational quote, or score a coupon code for instant savings through Namecheap! Facebook users need only go to this URL to get started. Once you get your fortune, share it with us in the comments of our Facebook announcement post. You can get a new fortune every 24 hours. Try your luck daily!
Find out All New Developments at Namecheap

If you're looking to find out the latest happenings at Namecheap, check out our very own announcements forum. In this forum, we'll be posting about pricing updates, new products, hosting enhancements, charity initiatives and partnerships, and more! Find out more about our latest service offerings (and a little more about our culture too) right now.
Namecheap Summer with Pinterest

We've been checking out Pinterest and we want you to join us! Namecheap is having a contest on Pinterest and you can win an HD camera. All you need to do is create a picture of a regular summer activity and add "Namecheap" somewhere in the picture. You could be holding up a sign with our logo or you could be at the beach and write Namecheap in the sand. Put your masterpiece on Pinterest with the tag #NamecheapSummer and you'll be in the running for a sweet camera based on popular vote and our judges' votes. The full details are on our Namecheap Pinterest contest page. Just pin it to win it!
Spotlight on Tim, Development Team

After working with Namecheap on a few smaller projects, I formally started working full time in May of this year. I have worked in the domain, hosting, and ISP space for over 10 years and hope to bring my experience and fresh ideas to the team. At Namecheap, I love helping to create and refine processes and systems that make day to day operation easier and more accessible.
Tip of the Month: List Your Domain in the Marketplace

Have domains you want to sell? List it in our Marketplace! Here's how: Login to your account, click My Account and then Manage Domains. Choose the URL you want to sell and select "List domain for sale" on the left navigation bar. Here, you can choose your asking price, length of listing, description of URL, and category. For more information, check out this video tutorial or details within our knowledgebase.
Coupon Codes for August 2012

Want to buy a new domain this month? Use coupon code NCSUMMER for discounts on com/net/org/biz domain registrations and transfers. Offer is also valid on .info transfers. Please note that this code is limited to 30 uses per account.
Enjoy a hot deal on the ultimate web hosting package and get 50% off the first month using coupon code HOTDEAL.
Find Us in the Social Sphere!

You can always reach us on Namecheap.com, but did you know we're also in the social media space? Reach us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest. Join us on these networks for fun, games, promotion, and community.
Enjoy your month!
We want to hear from you! Have any suggestions, ideas or thoughts on how we can improve? Email us at [email protected] and help us become a better company for you.

We respect your privacy. If you would like to stop receiving these emails please unsubscribe. If you have any issues with unsubscribing please contact us at [email protected].

Namecheap, Inc
11400 W. Olympic Blvd. Suite 200, Los Angeles, CA 90064, USA
Thanks for all the responses. I think I'll take a look at name.com & namecheap.com.

Thanks again Smile
I've always liked http://gandi.net. They're usually slightly more expensive but they're worth it for their customer service IMO. You also get a free SSL certificate with your domain purchase Smile
Pages: 1 2