MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [REQ] Hide Hack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello MyBB users,

Can somebody make a Hide Hack for me. I know there is one in here. But its for 1.1.x  I am using 1.2 version. So can anyone update the mod to use with 1.2 version MyBB forums. Please
I'd also like this one updated! Big Grin
I'm against any hide hacks and anything that may be used to hide warez.
What is warez? And what do you have against the hide hack? It's just a neat way to make members post. They don't have to if they don't want to, only if they're curious to see what the hidden text is. What wrong with that?
Warez
That might be but it can be abused.
Warez: sites providing pirated software
But since Admin can always see the hidden text, how can it truly be abused?  What about the spoiler mod?  Isn't that pretty close to the hide hack?  Maybe I should use that, if it basically does the same thing??
I mean, people have warez boards, the admins are posting the pirated software aswell as the users.
No, the spiler mod shows for everyone, he/she doesn't have to post an reply. Smile
Yes it's mostly for filesharing boards where the administrators want member to post if they want to take something. Unfortunately, quite alot of these boards are warez board, but it's not always the case. For example, I ran a graphic forum, and whenever I post up a graphic template, I want to see who downloaded it.
As a result, I'd love to see this mod updated for 1.2 as well.
Yeah, it doesn't seem right to not update it because it MIGHT be abused. If someone wants to abuse it, so what?? Let admins runs their boards the way they want to!
Pages: 1 2