MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: i got hacked.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
today, when i checked my forum, my admin username was changed to Don, and i couldnt login to my acc.

also, it seems that hacker also changed the email address for pass retrieval ,
and when i changed the email to mine again in sql (phpmyadmin>mybb_user),
the password retrieval email s still not working, moreover, i cannot login with my backup admin acc.

Please tell me what should i do in sql that would allow me to login to the forum ,and what are possible ways in which this could have been happened ?
Run the query
UPDATE  `mybb_users` SET  `password` =  '73a7addb1702d8ce115235572e2a24bf' WHERE  `mybb_users`.`uid` =1 LIMIT 1 
(assuming your admin user id is 1 and assuming your table prefix is mybb_)
your password should be set to myforumsaregreat
@Jordan, unfortunately that won't work as it doesn't factor in the salt.

If you run this one it will reset the password to "test" (no quotes)

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `password` = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6', `salt` = '' WHERE `uid` = 'X'

Change X to your uid.

As for how you were hacked...

Are all your passwords secure?

What plugins do you use?
i have had no new plugins installed for months,
Fortunately, my admin directory is in a secure location, so no real damage done, but i am afraid it may happen again. my email and other accounts are safe, coz i use different pws on each.

Btw, thanks for help, i was able to change my pass.

i have some custom php sripts coded by my programmer friend too,but they are secure.
You have blocked one plugin from view in the screenshot, its also now deactivated. Maybe this plugin has caused your problem ? Why is it blocked from view ?
(2012-08-21, 09:25 PM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]You have blocked one plugin from view in the screenshot, its also now deactivated. Maybe this plugin has caused your problem ? Why is it blocked from view ?

probably it's payed and he got it nulled

that's why he probably got hacked too Sad
(2012-08-21, 09:47 PM)Glas Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-21, 09:25 PM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]You have blocked one plugin from view in the screenshot, its also now deactivated. Maybe this plugin has caused your problem ? Why is it blocked from view ?

probably it's payed and he got it nulled

that's why he probably got hacked too Sad
I was thinking that too.
that is not a paid plugin,and even if it was, why would i blur it, you cannot know if its nulled or baught just by looking at it.
and i blurred it because i dont want it to be known. I can pm the unblurred image to mybb staff.

Also, i would rather buy stuff than use null.

it is always deactivated, its only there because i once installed it and after that never used it.

Moreover, now my website is defaced Toungue .

Please help me in it. http://hostmafia.net/forum/
(2012-08-22, 08:17 AM)HostMafia Wrote: [ -> ]that is not a paid plugin,and even if it was, why would i blur it, you cannot know if its nulled or baught just by looking at it.
and i blurred it because i dont want it to be known. I can pm the unblurred image to mybb staff.

it is always deactivated, its only there because i once installed it and after that never used it.

You should be more honest and collaborative, that arrogance won't take you far

Whatever good luck with that, kid
(2012-08-22, 08:17 AM)HostMafia Wrote: [ -> ]that is not a paid plugin,and even if it was, why would i blur it, you cannot know if its nulled or baught just by looking at it.

Well, I guess I'll give you the benefit of the doubt Wink. So I'll apologize for assuming that it was a nulled plugin or something like that. Unfortunately, too many people have done it and become hacked due to it, that it kind of becomes a popular guess, especially if something is blurred.

I hope you understand what I mean. :/
Pages: 1 2 3 4