MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Some new members on my forum can't recive or send PM. How to alow them that? I already looked at permissions and they have that permission.
Tell them check their options and check if "Receive private messages from other users." is checked. Try sending them a PM and see if they can receive your PMs atleast since admins are able to bypass that setting.
(2012-08-25, 10:16 AM)BlackChaos Wrote: [ -> ]Tell them check their options and check if "Receive private messages from other users." is checked. Try sending them a PM and see if they can receive your PMs atleast since admins are able to bypass that setting.

Evan I(I'm administrator) can't send them PM! I'm 100% sure that they didn't touched that option for reciving PMs!
Also I want to note that I can send email to them.
use php mail for mail handler!
I had this issue some months ago and this change solved my problem.
Maybe will solve your problem too Big Grin
I just saw that all normal users have turned off everything at Messaging & Notification including and " Receive private messages from other users". How to put that everything is turned on by default at them?
I turned on that options for one user and now I can send him PMs without any problems. But how to do that for everyone? I don't going to do manualy for each user for sure.
If they turned out those options then why change it? They don't want your PMs. There is one user-group option to override users settings tough, you can just enable that for administrators.
Did you customize the registration page at all?
Yes he did - he used your registration page Brad.

@OP - try adding a default profile mod.
There were issues with my registration page causing this to happen. After:

<input type="hidden" name="step" value="registration" />
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_register" />

Add:

<input type="hidden" name="emailpmnotify" id="emailpmnotify" value="1" {$emailpmnotifycheck} />
<input type="hidden" name="receivepms" id="receivepms" value="1" {$receivepmscheck} />
<input type="hidden" name="pmnotice" id="pmnotice" value="1" {$pmnoticecheck} />
<input type="hidden" name="allownotices" id="allownotices" value="1" {$allownoticescheck} />

To fix the ones that have already registered, you'll need a query to enable all these functions. Unfortunately I don't know it, though I would be interested in having it.
if($mybb->usergroup['cancp'])
{
$db->update_query('users', array('emailpmnotify'=>1,'receivepms'=>1,'pmnotice'=>1,'allownotices'=>1));
}

Paste that at the end of your global.php file and then access your forum, it should update all users.

You can use some time condition if you know when you started using this registration page and want users registered before it to keep their options intact.
Pages: 1 2