MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 'Forgot password' not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Recently I'm receiving mails from my users that they are unable to login if they forgot their password and received a new one. I've tested this myself and also I'm unable to login with the new generated one. I have to manually change their password in the ACP..

The forum does send the two mails, one with a validation link and one with the new password. However when you try to log in with the new password, it doesn't work.

What could be the issue? My forum is upgraded to the latest version.

I would like to add that the send password is working when using the ACP.
Go to yourforumdomain.com/forumdir/admin/index.php?module=tools-file_verification and yourforumdomain.com/forumdir/admin/index.php?module=tools-optimizedb and click on select forum databases
This same issue has been reported a few times now but I don't believe anybody has ever actually managed to find a fix yet.
(2012-08-29, 04:06 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]Go to yourforumdomain.com/forumdir/admin/index.php?module=tools-file_verification and yourforumdomain.com/forumdir/admin/index.php?module=tools-optimizedb and click on select forum databases

I've tried both things, but the issue still exists.
Yeah I wish I could track this bug down. It sometimes doesn't work and I don't yet know why.
I've had a look for it too but it's completely random in occurrence.
No members over UB complained regarding this yet. I'll let you know if anyone reports it or if I find a solution for this.
I've managed to fix the issue by setting "Number of times to allow failed logins" to zero. I realize that this makes my forum less secure, but now it actually will login with the new password, after filling in a captcha image.
Thanks for this tip.
I'll give this a go since I've been fighting the issue for a long time and if it works, well, maybe I have enough other protection in place to keep the forum secure.
Hi Folks,

I have this same problem. Several users every week reporting this problem (and their frustrations with it!) but I'm unable to replicate the issue.

It just seems that for some people the generated password does not work, and our mods have to go in and manually reset the password each time.

Any ideas?

Jim
Pages: 1 2