MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Editing Forum Mod Styles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to change the theme of the Forum Mod to what the style is of the group. So right now, it's like this:

[Image: 1.PNG]

But, I want it to have the style of the group, and the link to it. I belive it's somewhere in the templates, but not sure where or how to do it Confused
I don't think there is a plugin for this, so do these core edits.

In file "/inc/functions_forumlist.php" Find:

$moderators .= "{$comma}<a href=\"".get_profile_link($moderator['id'])."\">".htmlspecialchars_uni($moderator['username'])."</a>";

Replace with:

$moderator['username'] = format_name($moderator['username'], $moderator['usergroup'], $moderator['displaygroup']);
$moderators .= "{$comma}".build_profile_link($moderator['username'], $moderator['id']);

Hope this helps! Smile.
(2012-08-28, 10:40 PM)NaXuh Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think there is a plugin for this, so do these core edits.

In file "/inc/functions_forumlist.php" Find:

$moderators .= "{$comma}<a href=\"".get_profile_link($moderator['id'])."\">".htmlspecialchars_uni($moderator['username'])."</a>";

Replace with:

$moderator['username'] = format_name($moderator['username'], $moderator['usergroup'], $moderator['displaygroup']);
$moderators .= "{$comma}".build_profile_link($moderator['username'], $moderator['id']);

Hope this helps! Smile.

The code was not found.. In fact, it can't even find $moderators
Are you sure you are in the correct file? Double check.

It's around line 357 in the file /inc/functions_forumlist.php

(2012-08-29, 07:54 PM)NaXuh Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure you are in the correct file? Double check.

It's around line 357 in the file /inc/functions_forumlist.php

Huh, it's there. I wonder why Dreamweaver couldn't find it... But nothing happened. I even downloaded it from the server to make sure it was changed, and it was.
What's the link to your forum?

You replaced the top code with the second code I provided? I have it working on my test forum, hmm.
(2012-08-29, 11:53 PM)NaXuh Wrote: [ -> ]What's the link to your forum?

You replaced the top code with the second code I provided? I have it working on my test forum, hmm.

http://conkersbadfurdayn64.site90.net/forums/

Yes, here is an image. I just downloaded this from the server

[Image: 7QsjQ.png]
Still not fixed Confused
EDIT: Aggh! I'm so stupid! I figured it out.

I was only changing it for users, not groups!

So after doing the above changes, also do this.

Find: (around line 348

$moderators .= $comma.htmlspecialchars_uni($moderator['title']);

Replace with:

$moderator['title'] = format_name($moderator['title'], $moderator['id'], $moderator['id']);
$moderators .= $comma . $moderator['title'];

That should work! Smile.
(2012-09-01, 10:37 PM)NaXuh Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: Aggh! I'm so stupid! I figured it out.

I was only changing it for users, not groups!

So after doing the above changes, also do this.

Find: (around line 348

$moderators .= $comma.htmlspecialchars_uni($moderator['title']);

Replace with:

$moderator['title'] = format_name($moderator['title'], $moderator['id'], $moderator['id']);
$moderators .= $comma . $moderator['title'];

That should work! Smile.

Thanks, it works just fine. Thanks for sticking around and trying to figure it out, I really appreciate it!
Pages: 1 2