MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Your thought on Samsung-Apple verdict?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
The facts in the image posted by euantor can't be ignored.

And about apple saying 'it's not the money we care about, it's the values. We don not like stealing'.
Well if it's about values, then why didn't they sue other companies using rounded rectangle shape for their phone? because Samsung is eating big market share and they don't want anyone coming between their chunk of money earned by selling ridiculously expensive products.
The only point I'm trying to make is if Samsung had gotten to the same patents first, they'd be suing and winning against Apple right now. Big companies don't care if it's "right" they just care about money.

I completely agree that it's wrong and shouldn't be happening, though as per the law I think it's a fair outcome.
F700 pic is misleading.

http://www.theverge.com/2011/04/20/talk-...sung-f700/

I don't want to get too involved here since obviously nobody here will agree, but Samsung is very guilty about copying Apple's trade dress, regardless of what you think about patents.

[Image: TmUj2.jpeg]

Anyone who still purports this is about "rounded black rectangles" is, at best, grossly misinformed, and at worst, reductionist and intellectually dishonest. I actually wonder how many people here were paying very close attention to the trial, as the evidence against Samsung is pretty damning.

As for patents on things like bounce back and design/icons ... I agree, these things should not be patentable. However, they should be protected in trade dress. So in this case, the end result is satisfying for me.

Samsung has always ripped off other company's phones:

[Image: 17091.jpg]
Samsung Blade Vs. Motorola Razr

[Image: rim-vs-sammie.jpg]
Blackberry Vs. Samsung Blackjack

(Also, I wonder how many people are going to quote Jobs on "stealing" without understanding what that quote actually means. Embarrassing.)

Companies like HTC and Nokia deserve more support than these counterfeiters.
/Deleteq
LG FTW, anyone? Though guilty as charged, I own 2 Samsung phones and I do love them.
Samsung are certainly guilty as you point out Brad, I'm just trying to say that Apple aren't exactly innocent of copying either.
I don't particularly care about the case. But is it true that Samsung paid off the $1 billion in 30 trucks worth of nickels? It's all over 9gag, but I'm not sure if it's just a joke or something. If it's real, then that's hilarious.
(2012-08-28, 08:39 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Samsung are certainly guilty as you point out Brad, I'm just trying to say that Apple aren't exactly innocent of copying either.

Nor are any other mobile phone companies in all honesty. They've all stolen/copied other companies work no matter to what extent, clearly some more than others.
(2012-08-28, 08:39 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Samsung are certainly guilty as you point out Brad, I'm just trying to say that Apple aren't exactly innocent of copying either.

True, but obviously Apple are "Legally Correct" which is all that matters here.
(2012-08-28, 08:44 PM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]

True, but obviously Apple are "Legally Correct" which is all that matters here.

Agree with this completely (And everything brad said). Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5