MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Your thought on Samsung-Apple verdict?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Well apparently the most common opinion floating around the internet is that Google is almost certainly coming out on top, and if they do, the implications for Apple could be as severe as them having to pull out iPhones/iPads from US stores/development. Now imagine that for a second.

But I'm just feeding from blogs I've been reading. If Google and Apple were going to mud wrestle, I'd certainly be putting my money on Google. Not sure why I chose mud wrestling...
There would be riots if iPhone/iPad were pulled from the US. I'm not even sure if that's hyperbole.

If the Samsung - Apple verdict has proven anything, it's that tech pundits are often very, very wrong. So we'll see what happens when it happens.
The 30 trucks penny thing is certainly a hoax. As far as i know, samsung has not accepted the decision and are trying to fight back. Let's sit back and watch
* rzr grabs some popcorn
(2012-08-29, 01:55 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]What revolutionary designs or user interface paradigms did Samsung introduce in its mobile line-up? Bigger screens and horsepower don't count. Samsung did not take disparate elements and incorporate them into something new. It released a hollow shell of a product -- the fact that the end result is a good or great product doesn't nullify this. Samsung copies, and is therefore a "good artist" by Steve's definition (though I'm sure he would argue otherwise).

Quote:the fact that the end result is a good or great product doesn't nullify this

>steve jobs is an innovator, a god, etc.
>"An innovator in a general sense, is a person or an organization who is one of the first to introduce into reality something better than before."
>samsung hypothetically takes something and makes it subjectively better (see above quote)
>samsung is now a thief and not an innovator in any way shape or form and should be destroyed

itt we argue the definition of innovation based on subjective opinions
I didn't actually use the word innovate in my post. And I don't think Steve Jobs is a God -- I think that Apple, as an organization, accomplished something legitimately amazing with the iPhone. And apparently the entire consumer market and mobile industry agrees.

Can you make any arguments without putting words in my mouth?
Just like to point out the only users posting trash in this thread are the ones who dislike apple. Pathetic.
(2012-08-30, 03:34 AM)WebOutfit Wrote: [ -> ]Just like to point out the only users posting trash in this thread are the ones who dislike apple. Pathetic.

This is so ironic in so many ways.
[Image: unlock.jpg]

On a serious note, this entire topic just fuels my rage towards how Apple is just another company that is further slowing the grow and expansion of the information age. Don't get me wrong, companies like Google and Samsung are no better, however my further distaste for apples selfish and greedy behaviour tends to get the best of my opinions.
This topic is turning from logical discussion into hate. If you want to discuss it further, make a new thread and stop the bias.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5