MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum al completely mixed up on Internet Explorer (IE)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello everyone,

I test my forum always on more then one browser if everything looking good everywhere.

Now my forum looks great on FireFox, Chrome and Opera and everything is fine.

But the forum is complete mixed up in IE (internet explorer) the hole lay-out is f**ck up and nothing is good. Is this a bugg on Internet Explorer or how to fix this??

thanks!!!
When making changes to your theme, or installing a new theme, it's important to check IE frequently so you know exactly what caused it.

Try to remember what you changed recently, and/or can you find a backup created shortly before it went bad?

The other option is to dive into the CSS and "start changing things" (based on experience), and hope to get IE to behave. For example, sometimes IE deals with margins, padding, and overall div width different than the others.

Have fun Smile
I have edited to much to go search where is go bad. I know that it is in the header and this is the sollution to a working IE but I have to manny things changes to get search over there.

I have posted my header here: http://community.mybb.com/thread-125510.html

maybe some see where it go's wrong for IE but I don't see it, so manny expiriants I don't have.

the strange thing is, if u login on the forum, the lay-out is fine and works well,. its only if u are on the forum as guest
Lol welcome to Internet Explorer. Just advise your users to change browsers.
(2012-09-02, 10:15 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Lol welcome to Internet Explorer. Just advise your users to change browsers.

That is wat I do for now, advise to everyone to use a diffrent browser then IE. But it will be nice if it also works on IE.....
Thanks, but my skils are not so good to see what the problem is by my header.

Is there someone that can check en help me with this pleace?
(2012-09-02, 05:51 PM)GalaxyFreak Wrote: [ -> ]But the forum is complete mixed up in IE (internet explorer) the hole lay-out is f**ck up and

please no bad words
(2012-09-02, 10:20 PM)GalaxyFreak Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-02, 10:15 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Lol welcome to Internet Explorer. Just advise your users to change browsers.

That is wat I do for now, advise to everyone to use a diffrent browser then IE. But it will be nice if it also works on IE.....

If you choose to support IE for your forum this is most likely to be a common issue. IE doesn't support web standard as it should, not until IE9 at least, and yet there I think it doesn't that good compared to most of the modern browsers.
It isn't problem with IE,it's your site.If you run www.galaxyfreaks.nl through W3C validator you will see validation output errors.Obviously you didn't close some html tags in proper way (eg

<div class="someclass"><span class="somespanclass">Content</div>
or 
<div class="someclass"><span class="somespanclass">Content</div></span>

it's not correct,the correct way is

<div class="someclass"><span class="somespanclass">Content</span></div>

W3C validator is reporting some div and span elements are not properly closed.
Pages: 1 2 3