MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Highlight Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, my first time posting here so I hope I'm in the correct place Smile.

Basically I'm trying achieve something but need some help doing it.

On the homepage I want people to be able to highlight forums on mouseover and for that highlight to become a link.

I found a thread elsewhere where it said to add the following to the global css:
Quote:.trow1:hover {
background: #ffffff;
}

.trow2:hover {
}

I added this and it works but it makes the background everywhere highlight on mouseover when I only want it to happen on forums. I also want this highlight to be a link to the forum.

Any help on doing this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kyle
(2012-09-05, 09:04 PM)kylesw555 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, my first time posting here so I hope I'm in the correct place Smile.

Basically I'm trying achieve something but need some help doing it.

On the homepage I want people to be able to highlight forums on mouseover and for that highlight to become a link.

I found a thread elsewhere where it said to add the following to the global css:
Quote:.trow1:hover {
}

.trow2:hover {
}

I added this and it works but it makes the background everywhere highlight on mouseover when I only want it to happen on forums. I also want this highlight to be a link to the forum.

An example of this can be seen here: http://www.thetflforum.co.uk

Any help on doing this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kyle

Not for me... works fine Confused
I'm not sure what you mean, I never said that it didn't work.

I want it to work in a different way, I only want mouseover of the forums on the homepage and mouseover of threads to highlight, not the entire forum.

Secondly I want the whole highlighted area to be a link to the forum highlighted.
(2012-09-05, 11:41 PM)kylesw555 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure what you mean, I never said that it didn't work.

I want it to work in a different way, I only want mouseover of the forums on the homepage and mouseover of threads to highlight, not the entire forum.

Secondly I want the whole highlighted area to be a link to the forum highlighted.

Huh I do not understand. I don't know what you want.
If I have understood correctly, you can try something like this.

tbody[id*="cat"] tr:hover td.trow1, tbody[id*="cat"] tr:hover td.trow2 {background: #EBE6E6;}

I hope this will help Big Grin
It wasn't origionally as I wanted less highlighted but I actually prefer that one better, thanks Smile.

All I need now is for that highlight to become a link to the Highlighted Forum. Also I want the same to happen to threads within the forums.

Thanks
Anyone?
This isn't an MyBB Forum,
please go the Proboards support forum.

Thanks.
I haven't even given you the link to my forum so you're just assuming.

The Forum I'm referring to is a MyBB Forum.
what the site you give about?
Pages: 1 2