MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss Islam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
first of all i hope this don't turn into a huge racism please say your option using a good language i won't start first i will give you the opportunity to start i hope you start using this format
what you know about islam ?
what you would like to know about islam ?
what is the thing in islam that make no sense to you or you think it is (racist/full of hate/etc..) ?

in this thread we can simply discuss/learn/share more information about islam
instead of just listing to what the news/media said of stereotypes i hope all the muslims on mybb try to explain/share there knowledge to our other brothers so they can understand islam
i hope that this thread don't break any rules just felt like making it so we can defeat the stereotypes
if you got here at this line that mean you actually took time from your daily life to read more about islam which is something i appreciate i would like to thank you for reading
regards,
just another muslim who believe in peace
In Australia, We have a lot of Muslims (And that's a really broad term)...

They pull the victim card when we tell them they can't have their burqua's on "properly" when driving for safety reasons. When driving, You rely on your peripheral vision. Burqua's hide that. You get 90* of vision, if that.

I'm not hating, But there's a lot of things that I just don't get, And it's not just muslims, It's every nationality too, The lebs moreso... You don't buy a train ticket, then stuff you, You earnt a $200 fine.
(2012-09-08, 01:16 AM)bcousins Wrote: [ -> ]In Australia, We have a lot of Muslims (And that's a really broad term)...

They pull the victim card when we tell them they can't have their burqua's on "properly" when driving for safety reasons. When driving, You rely on your peripheral vision. Burqua's hide that. You get 90* of vision, if that.

I'm not hating, But there's a lot of things that I just don't get, And it's not just muslims, It's every nationality too, The lebs moreso... You don't buy a train ticket, then stuff you, You earnt a $200 fine.

first of all thank you for ready and posting at the same time
may i know how much is the height of the Burqua's ? 10cm ? you really think that can effect the view Smile ? then the view/safety is not the real reason , and there is allot more things you must focus on instead of this like what the quran says instead of judging a whole religion because of some actions that some muslims take (i'm not saying that wearing the Burqua is wrong) , in islam you can wear the Burqua or not it is all your choice

can you please post the things that you don't get about islam so i can help you to understand it
(2012-09-08, 01:20 AM)illusionalp Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-08, 01:16 AM)bcousins Wrote: [ -> ]In Australia, We have a lot of Muslims (And that's a really broad term)...

first of all thank you for ready and posting at the same time
may i know how much is the height of the Burqua's ? 10cm ? you really think that can effect the view Smile ? then the view/safety is not the real reason

That's beside the point

Burquas sit over the "flat front" of the face, and as such affect peripheral vision. It's like you sticking your hands against the front of your face... You can't see a thing, Can you?
i don't see how that can effect the view you can still drive without losing any sort of view that might be important for you , and no i can't but this is a false example Smile
and can you please read my previous post again i edited it with more info for you
(2012-09-08, 01:20 AM)illusionalp Wrote: [ -> ]there is allot more things you must focus on instead of this like what the quran says instead of judging a whole religion because of some actions that some muslims take (i'm not saying that wearing the Burqua is wrong) , in islam you can wear the Burqua or not it is all your choice

Well then why is it considered "necessary" in a place where there is no real reason to wear it?
(2012-09-08, 01:26 AM)bcousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-08, 01:20 AM)illusionalp Wrote: [ -> ]there is allot more things you must focus on instead of this like what the quran says instead of judging a whole religion because of some actions that some muslims take (i'm not saying that wearing the Burqua is wrong) , in islam you can wear the Burqua or not it is all your choice

Well then why is it considered "necessary" in a place where there is no real reason to wear it?

it is like you can do it or not but if you did it once you can't just keep on removing it and putting it again (on public) , and at the end i'm sure like i said in my previous post that the reason why it is restricted got nothing to do with security reasons

There was a thing on today to night once and they tested the burqua while driving and you do lose your peripheral vision, making it not very safe.

I personaly think it could be a security risk as well, as you have no why of identifying them, like when one claimed to be Hearst or something by a policeman who asked her to take it off so he could ID her.

Also these topic are like them dam Apple vs PC ones they never turn out well. Wink
(2012-09-08, 01:54 AM)ChrisR Wrote: [ -> ]

There was a thing on today to night once and they tested the burqua while driving and you do lose your peripheral vision, making it not very safe.

I personaly think it could be a security risk as well, as you have no why of identifying them, like when one claimed to be Hearst or something by a policeman who asked her to take it off so he could ID her.

Also these topic are like them dam Apple vs PC ones they never turn out well. Wink
i don't think that it actually effect the vision and about identifying her if the cop took her to the police station she got the right to ask for a fe-male cop to identify her Smile and about the thread i'm just trying to explain islam for people there is no 'vs' i'm just trying to explain islam more
you got any questions Smile ?
I know you call other male Muslims your bothers. Just out of curiosity, do you call female Muslims your sisters?

Pointless question but just curious:p
Pages: 1 2 3 4