MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Denied Support Wording
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Just seen a few guys recently with the "This user has been denied support." title. To me, it seems a bit crude. The wording in my opinion makes it look like the user has done something wrong, and in most cases thats not actually the case. Maybe something like "This user is not eligible for support at this time." or something along those lines.

Anyone else agree (probably not lol Big Grin) ?
Haha, either way, I've suit myself, but yeah, that may look good.
My suggestion would be to make the message available to staff-only.
This way they will know not to respond in any support threads opened by said users and would spare the users the stigma. I would really be bothered if something like that showed up every message sent.

Maybe they let it for people not members of the staff to know not to help, but either way I feel this solution is really inappropriate.

Instead of the message, they could simply create a special group that has no permissions in the support forums, show them a notice [it could be a forum with a thread in it] and move them into it. Much more elegant.
Or maybe just a red circle with a line through it that says support next to it. But I agree, when I see this I always feel like the user is being punished.
Or just not change something that doesn't need changing? Seriously, does anyone ever make a big deal about it?

Kaeden, that won't work. They will receive support by non-staff a lot of the time which defeats the purpose of no support.
I see no issue with it. I haven't seen anyone else complain about it either, and it was introduced 2 years ago.
(2012-09-16, 07:59 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Or just not change something that doesn't need changing? Seriously, does anyone ever make a big deal about it?

Kaeden, that won't work. They will receive support by non-staff a lot of the time which defeats the purpose of no support.

Someone has to make a big deal about it to mean it can be improved? :/
(2012-09-16, 07:59 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Or just not change something that doesn't need changing? Seriously, does anyone ever make a big deal about it?

Yeah, so maybe the second part of my message would work best, because any support thread opened in other forums would be closed.

Dunno, those were my 2 cents about this.
I agree, its a bit like publicly displaying the amount of warning points one receives. And honestly, its the users choice if they help someone who has been denied official support.
Kaeden has a good point actually. Its only staff that need to see this notice as they are the only ones denying support. I believe that users that are denied support can still post support posts and receive support from other users, if they choose to help, without any problem. So that notice should really only be displayed to staff.
Pages: 1 2 3 4