MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [False report] Hacked - MyBB has a exploit?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My site was hacked.
The hackers used some sort of exploit in MyBB. I had all addons disabled at the time, so it could not be a addon(plugin).

Any suggestions? Site was hacked, the files were set to no permissions for anyone, now I get constant error for second time(been hacked 2 times):
Warning: Unknown: Unable to access /home/aplusfor/public_html/aplusforum.com/forum/index.php in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Unable to access /home/aplusfor/public_html/aplusforum.com/forum/index.php in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required '/home/aplusfor/public_html/aplusforum.com/forum/index.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0

CHMOD Status(trying to fix error): +x 0777

When it was working fine before: +x 0755

Just to update: My site is targeted by 100+ people a day with Denial of service, hack attempts.
Check Which Files Was Changed Lately
I have checked all files, there is no log there. I usually have a log that saves every action, it is not on the server for some reason....
Unless proved otherwise, it is not an exploit in MyBB. If it were, I'm sure other big boards had been attacked by now.

It may have been your host, your theme or a plugin you had running before and a hacker used to hack it and didn't make it visible until now.

You've barely provided any information so right now there isn't much we can do for you.
Well, I don't know how it was exploited this time. Last time it was MyTabs latest update exploited. So, I disabled all plugins, now I got hacked again.
The attacker most likely left a window open in case you removed that plugin.
Then any idea how to fix it?
Login Into Cpanel And Then Go To File manager

And Check Which Files Edited or Changed Lately

And Check All directories
Here is pictures:
[Image: 17wSS]
[Image: 17wTq]
Check Also the Files That Was Edited Yesterday And before yesterday

Check also your .htaccess what does it contain

and also check your uploads folder

maybe the hacker uploaded php shell
Pages: 1 2 3